Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Old] Vorbis Streamer (foo_vorbisstream) (Read 132548 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Old] Vorbis Streamer (foo_vorbisstream)

Reply #150
Hi everybody,
I think I am missing something here... I'm new to Foobar2000 and maybe I don't understand exactly how components should work, but...
What am I supposed to see or do after I've installed this plugin?
I mean, I'm trying to use foobar2000 just to stream to an external Icecast2 server (giss.tv),
and I thought that this was the purpose of this component..
But I cannot see where in foobar I should write my settings...
Help a newbie

edit: nevermind, it was easy, excuse me.

Reply #151
Hi,
here again... I was wondering if it is somehow possibile -or, if not, if you are planning to add this feature in the future- to see if the connection is actually working.
I know that opening the console I can have some info (if it is disconnected from the server), but a little "on air / off air" indicator would be useful.
Eg now it keeps saying "disconnecting from server", but there's no way to know what exactly is the problem: password? Server offline? Something wrong in setting?
Can somehow the plugin retrieve and provide these infos?
Thank you again,
Andrea

Reply #152
Hi everybody,
I think I am missing something here... I'm new to Foobar2000 and maybe I don't understand exactly how components should work, but...
What am I supposed to see or do after I've installed this plugin?
I mean, I'm trying to use foobar2000 just to stream to an external Icecast2 server (giss.tv),
and I thought that this was the purpose of this component..
But I cannot see where in foobar I should write my settings...
Help a newbie

edit: nevermind, it was easy, excuse me.

Reply #153
Thank you kochev_nik,
but I already figured that out (but I couldn't delete my first post, so I jus added "edit: nevermind, it was easy, excuse me.", maybe not very explicative).

What I'm asking now is if there is a way to monitor the state of the stream, live, and in detail.

Reply #154
What I'm asking now is if there is a way to monitor the state of the stream, live, and in detail.

http://giss.tv/gstats/

Reply #155
Hi

Thanks again for the great plugin ^^

Would it be possible to add the ability to configure the server username along with the password? I can't connect to my external streaming server due to the username option lacking.

Reply #156
Very nice plugin. It would be nice to support Opus also.

Reply #157
Sadly, this component is now deprecated, as Windows 8 has driven me off of Windows into the chaotic waters of Linux. I intend to take the above fixes and release one final build with them all (and maybe a few other tweaks as I see fit; I really can't resist sometimes). However, this component is now looking for a new maintainer.

Very nice plugin. It would be nice to support Opus also.

The unofficial 3rd party foo_streamer plugin can stream opus.

Reply #159
Hi,
can you update the foo_vorbisstream-1.1 fix3 component in order it does not send metadata tags to clients? I really need this opportunity. Thank you in advance.  :)
P.s. Could you also think about optimization of the foo_vorbisstream-1.1 fix3, because it weighs already 4.37 Mb?

Reply #160
Also foo_vorbisstream-1.1 fix3 makes impossible sending the title of foobar2000 1.5.3 to a DC++ client chat room (greylink). Instead of the title of foobar2000, the following text appears in the greylink chat: foo_vorbisstream . With foo_vorbisstream-1.1 without fix3, the header of the player is sent to the chat properly!

Reply #161
Also foo_vorbisstream-1.1 fix3 makes impossible sending the title of foobar2000 1.5.3 to a DC++ client chat room (greylink). Instead of the title of foobar2000, the following text appears in the greylink chat: foo_vorbisstream . With foo_vorbisstream-1.1 without fix3, the header of the player is sent to the chat properly!

You can try ShuiCast.
ShuiCast is a plugin for both Winamp and Foobar2000 that provides the ability to broadcast various audio formats to a few of the major broadcasting servers. It is a continuation of the Oddcast/Edcast streaming software that can stream to either Icecast or Shoutcast servers, integrating changes made by the AltaCast and Edcast-Reborn spinoffs.  https://github.com/torteshui/ShuiCast.

Reply #162
Thanks for the answer!
I've tried install shuicast, but foobar2000 1.5.3 has reported:
Failed to load DLL: foo_shuicast.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.

Reply #163
Thanks for the answer!
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.
1. Did you use 32 or 64 bit OS?
2. How you did copy foo.dsp.shuicast? Did you copy only dll or full library?

Reply #164
Thanks for the answer!

1. Downoad ShuiCast-master.zip
2. Create folder foo_shuicat and copy there file foo_shuicast.
3. Follow screenshots.

Reply #165
Thanks for the answer!
'
You can also use Shuicast as standalone app.

Reply #166

Thanks for the answer!

1) 32 bit os, I'm not going to switch to 64 yet.
2) After copying this fold
 with dll files (https://github.com/torteshui/ShuiCast/tree/master/trunk/external/lib) foobar2000 reports: Failed to load DLL: foo_shuicast.dll Reason: The specified procedure was not found.

And I still try to figure out how to fix this bug of foo_vorbisstream-1.1 fix3?

Reply #167

Thanks for the answer!

1) 32 bit os, I'm not going to switch to 64 yet.
2) After copying this fold
 with dll files (https://github.com/torteshui/ShuiCast/tree/master/trunk/external/lib) foobar2000 reports: Failed to load DLL: foo_shuicast.dll Reason: The specified procedure was not found.

And I still try to figure out how to fix this bug of foo_vorbisstream-1.1 fix3?

What is version of your Foobar 2000?

Reply #169
1. Run your F2K as administrator
2. Unzip the attachment to folder USER Components.
3. Activate in DSP manager.

Reply #170
1. Run your F2K as administrator
2. Unzip the attachment to folder USER Components.
3. Activate in DSP manager.
In Win XP sp3 doesn 't work. Foobar2000 1.5.3 reports:
Failed to load DLL: foo_shuicast.dll Reason: The specified procedure was not found.

Reply #171
When  you asking for help:
You must add exact details like: F2K version and your OS.
Then we try to help you.

Now the point is:
Shuicast runs only on Win7 and newer OS.
Not run on Xp platform.
https://github.com/torteshui/ShuiCast - Windows Vista/7 compatibility

Why you run F2K on Xp?

Reply #172
Now, when the point... Please, help with foo_vorbisstream-1.1 fix3.

Reply #173
And the author of that component and creator of this topic has been banished from this forum for years now. Their source code was public at one point, but you won't find them to help you with it here.