Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559567 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #4650

artwork source:
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front

you can refresh artwork in a NG Playlist by switching to another playlist and then switching back.

I'm not sure to understand?

Are you telling me that I should use absolute path? eg: $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)/../front ?
no... just put
Code: [Select]
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front
in your source field without any modification.
that's relative path... not absolute.

Columns UI

Reply #4651
Sorry, but $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front display an absolute path (I put it in a column to test what it makes).

And still it does not display the artwork

[edit] ah ah. I found  In fact, it seems that Artwork does not support multiple source at that time :/

Columns UI

Reply #4652
Sorry, but $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front display an absolute path (I put it in a column to test what it makes).

And still it does not display the artwork
if you keep artwork in album folder that source should work (i'm using that pattern).

and again no... that's not absolute path because for a different album it will be different path. (test that preview on another album and you will see that path is different)

e.g.
for c:\Music\Artist 1\Album A\file 1.mp3 it will be c:\Music\Artist 1\Album A\front
but for a c:\Music\Artist 2\Album D\file 1.mp3 it will be c:\Music\Artist 2\Album D\front
... and that's exactly what you need... if your artwork is in album folder.

btw... can you write here that path from preview.

Columns UI

Reply #4653
Hello,
sorry to bother you again... I have a little question.
It's about the moving of an item in columns playlist.

It seems that, when I move a track, the "written line of the track" follows the cursor but I prefer when there is only a thin line following the cursor, setting itself between the "written lines" of the other tracks.

Could you please explain to me how to "revert" to this type of "moving mode" please ?

Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #4654
if you keep artwork in album folder that source should work (i'm using that pattern).

and again no... that's not absolute path because for a different album it will be different path. (test that preview on another album and you will see that path is different)

e.g.
for c:\Music\Artist 1\Album A\file 1.mp3 it will be c:\Music\Artist 1\Album A\front
but for a c:\Music\Artist 2\Album D\file 1.mp3 it will be c:\Music\Artist 2\Album D\front
... and that's exactly what you need... if your artwork is in album folder.

btw... can you write here that path from preview.

Oh my  I think you are misunderstanding me  When I speak of absolute path, it is not a path stored in raw (eg: as if I put /path/to/artwork to front artwork source) but a path with all information, eg: C:/Program Files/Foobar 2000/foobar2000.exe  while a relative is relative to the file being processed like the example below.

However, my problem is solved: I thought that it was possible to use several source, so I had "../Disc 1/front;../front;front" (all path are relative to the item being processed)

Which would have transformed into (for G:\music\game2\Seiken Densetsu\[01] Sword of Mana (Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu)\Disc 2\01 - Grateful Memories.mp3)

G:\music\game2\Seiken Densetsu\[01] Sword of Mana (Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu)\Disc 1\front
G:\music\game2\Seiken Densetsu\[01] Sword of Mana (Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu)\front
G:\music\game2\Seiken Densetsu\[01] Sword of Mana (Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu)\Disc 2\front

And then Artwork would have to search for one of the three artwork (taking the first existing) like Pretty Popup does.

But since it does not support multiple source, it is quite normal that my rules does not succeed

I found a lazy solution : I use "$num(%DISCNUMBER%,2).00 front" as front Artwork sources, and I removed the directory structure for album with multiple disc, so that it can find the source in the right place.

Columns UI

Reply #4655
Filter feature question: would it be possible to use the Filters to browse through whichever playlist is currently active?

because for larger playlists, it would be sooooooooo much easier to go through with the ability to browse through them with Filter - instead of sorting the playlist by artist/album/whatever and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolli--- you get the picture

Columns UI

Reply #4656
Musicmusic, would it be possible to add the ability to parse multiple entries (deliminated with ";") in the filter windows as individual entries?
I ask this because I would like to be able to tag stuff with multiple genres IE: Led Zeppelin I would be tagged as genreClassic Rock;Hard Rock;Blues Rock Ideally, then the music in question show up when I filter for each of those individual choices.  I can do this now with the Album List, but I would dearly love this to work in the filter panels as well. 
Currently when the filter panel hits one of these multiple-entry fields it just spits them out as a single line, with a comma separating them, which is keeping me from implementing this as a method of tagging.

Thanks!

Columns UI

Reply #4657
Musicmusic, would it be possible to add the ability to parse multiple entries (deliminated with ";") in the filter windows as individual entries?

This is already supported by fields -- Instead of filtering by %genre%, filter by Genre.

Columns UI

Reply #4658
@Bruners: I just copied your layout, thanks, was getting bored of my old one.

@musicmusic: My artwork script doesnt always work, despite the filename of the artwork being correct.
 $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)\$if3(album_art,Folder,folder,front,Front,cover)

Also, do I need the different case versions of words?

Columns UI

Reply #4659
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)
You don't need this. Not sure what the backslash is for.

$if3(album_art,Folder,folder,front,Front,cover)
This won't work. You can only specify one of those, and not in an $if statement. However the built-in foobar2000 reader will pick up most of those. This may help somewhat.

Also, do I need the different case versions of words?
It's not case sensitive.

Columns UI

Reply #4661
NG Playlist request:
musicmusic, it would be very nice if there is an option to display 2nd cover (backcover) instead of reflection 

Columns UI

Reply #4662
musicmusic: How far is the (old) request to put images into tracklist? Say, ratingstars or a moodbar...
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Columns UI

Reply #4663
Today I noticed that hiding the menu bar makes the sort by... option disappear from the context menu, which kind of defeats the purpose of hiding the menu bar in the first place.
You are right it doesn't make sense. It will only show up if you have multiple items selected, and may not with third party playlist views.

EDIT2: I am using the "Auto-hide" feature which is really nice. One thing though, when the 'window' goes from visible to hidden, for a split second, a few white boxes appear and then disappear. This does happen in the reverse though, from hidden to visible. It has a problem refreshing the screen correctly I think. Very minor fault - but obvious.
Doesn't happen here, it maybe related to one of your panels, I think historically some OpenGL based ones have caused odd things. Anyway a screenshot or video may help.

I would like to display multilines info in the items properties,
but only the first line is shown (with all lines displayed on the same line)
It's not really designed for that, something like track display should be better suited?

musicmusic: How far is the (old) request to put images into tracklist? Say, ratingstars or a moodbar...
My main concern was for a ratings column, my thoughts were some dedicated/special columns with an API would be a better idea, with regards to reacting with mouse actions and other things.

Columns UI

Reply #4664
Filter feature question: would it be possible to use the Filters to browse through whichever playlist is currently active?

because for larger playlists (that are not the filter playlist), it would be sooooooooo much easier to go through with the ability to browse through them with Filter - instead of sorting the playlist by artist/album/whatever and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and scrolli--- you get the picture

musicmusic: Is ^this something that would be possible within columns ui/filter ?

Columns UI

Reply #4665
I can note the concept but as it displays results in a playlist it would't be quite the "active playlist". Unless you meant you want it to scroll or select instead of sending results to a playlist.

Columns UI

Reply #4666
So I want to add a line to my config.

[- %playback_time_remaining%],
But only on mode 4

I already have the second block and I tried to add the first block.
But this makes everything in //Persecond disappear.

// PerSecond

$ifgreater(4,$getpvar(mode),
$font(Verdana,7,,58-80-101)
$alignabs(39,$eval($get(mini)+72),350,12,left,)
[- %playback_time_remaining%],

$ifgreater(3,$getpvar(mode),
$font(Verdana,7,,58-80-101)
$alignabs(39,$eval($get(mini)+72),250,12,left,)
[%playback_time%]
$alignabs(42,$eval($get(mini)+72),240,12,right,)
[%length%],

Columns UI

Reply #4667
musicmusic: would it be possible to simplify expressions in some case, redesigning the interface, aka:

In Playlist Views/Globals/Style, I have this :

$if(%_isplaying%,000080,
$puts(p,G:\music\game\)
$if($stricmp($get(p),$left(%path%,$len($get(p)))),
$set_style(text,$rgb(64,128,128)),)
$puts(p,G:\music\cd\)
$set_style(text,$rgb(0,100,0)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\step2\ost\)
$set_style(text,$rgb(200,0,0)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\done\)
$set_style(text,$rgb(255,127,0)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\step2\todo\)
$set_style(text,$rgb(0,0,220)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\gamemp3\)
$set_style(text,$rgb(128,0,128)),)
)
|
$if(%_isplaying%,FFFF00,FFFFFF)|
$puts(p,G:\music\game\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(235,245,245)),)
$puts(p,G:\music\cd\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(232,255,232)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\step2\ost\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(255,244,244)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\done\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(255,242,236)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\step2\todo\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(242,255,255)),)
$puts(p,G:\music-gamemp3\gamemp3\)
$set_style(back,$rgb(255,236,255)),)|
000000|

As you can see, it's a little long, and very unreadable (and it will disappear as soon as I've ordered correctly my musics).

I think it would be more usefull to have an interface, which - using ascii art - would be like this :

Background color:
[part for script]
Selected background color:
[part for script]
etc

Note, that the script I pasted is an old one, perhaps it has changed in some ways.

(sigh, *hoping* for a script syntax highlighter)

Columns UI

Reply #4668
Already exists here for various editors.

How many columnsui users are using IRC chat?? The primary #foobar2000 channel on freenode are literally rejecting any support for columnsui users... I created #columnsui and hope that some might join  I think there's more to chat about with columnsui than dui

Columns UI

Reply #4669
How many columnsui users are using IRC chat?? The primary #foobar2000 channel on freenode are literally rejecting any support for columnsui users... I created #columnsui and hope that some might join smile.gif I think there's more to chat about with columnsui than dui wink.gif
No, odyssey, we are not rejecting any support for Columns UI users. There just happen to be very few Columns UI users there, and even fewer Columns UI users that are active at any given moment and capable of providing support.

Most of us on #foobar2000 use the Default UI. If you'd like to change the demographics, we welcome Columns UI users, we just don't have the experience or the Columns UI userbase to provide answers to most questions.

Columns UI

Reply #4670
Already exists here for various editors.

How many columnsui users are using IRC chat?? The primary #foobar2000 channel on freenode are literally rejecting any support for columnsui users... I created #columnsui and hope that some might join  I think there's more to chat about with columnsui than dui

Yes. But they are external :/

Columns UI

Reply #4671
Yes. But they are external :/
Copy/paste? I'd rather edit scripts in a fullscreen environment in contrary to a small editbox.

Columns UI

Reply #4672
It would be nice if the buttons tooltips could be sourced from the custom text rather than from the commands text because some of them are not very explicit (e.g. ratings, last fm radio).

Columns UI

Reply #4673
No, odyssey, we are not rejecting any support for Columns UI users. There just happen to be very few Columns UI users there, and even fewer Columns UI users that are active at any given moment and capable of providing support.

Most of us on #foobar2000 use the Default UI. If you'd like to change the demographics, we welcome Columns UI users, we just don't have the experience or the Columns UI userbase to provide answers to most questions.
Well, I find these kneejerk defensive posts boring, anyway this is apparently your policy, so I don't know why you are complaining about there being no Columns UI/etc. users there:
#foobar2000 is also not a 3rd party component support channel. If you have a question about a 3rd party component, ask the developer of the component.

I created #columnsui and hope that some might join
Well, whether this channel will be actually used remains to be seen  But I publicised it a bit more for you

It would be nice if the buttons tooltips could be sourced from the custom text rather than from the commands text because some of them are not very explicit (e.g. ratings, last fm radio).
Agreed, the current method is not so great. I think this has come up before, the reason for not using the custom text was ASCII art buttons. Anyway, I will either change it or add a custom tooltip option.

Columns UI

Reply #4674
Well, I find these kneejerk defensive posts boring, anyway this is apparently your policy, so I don't know why you are complaining about there being no Columns UI/etc. users there:
#foobar2000 is also not a 3rd party component support channel. If you have a question about a 3rd party component, ask the developer of the component.
Way to take a quote out-of-context. The rest of the quote is:
It isn't because we hate 3rd party components, but most of us don't use them. You will have far greater chances of success by asking your question on the forum.
This is not a policy, this is a reality. This is not by design, this is simply the difference between the Columns UI demographic and the IRC-using demographic, I suppose. Mind pointing out where exactly I'm "complaining"? I'm explaining the reality of the situation.

As a moderator, I've tended to take the position of explaining before intervening, like responding to odyssey's untrue post. I guess this kind of action is defensive. I guess it would be more effective to just split that post somewhere else, seeing as how "rejecting any support for columnsui users" is total nonsense (and indeed, even the post about the IRC channel agrees with what I'm saying). Then I don't need to explain myself to anyone but the other moderators...

I created #columnsui and hope that some might join
Well, whether this channel will be actually used remains to be seen  But I publicised it a bit more for you
I would love to see the channel succeed, but I would also love to see more Columns UI users discussing in #foobar2000. I don't feel there is any need for this kind of segregation. Anyhow, best of luck to your experiment, odyssey. I had #foobar2000-thirdparty registered before and very few people ever bothered to idle there...