Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New article: Neil Dorfsman on remixing Morning Glory in 5.1 (Read 4093 times) previous topic - next topic

New article: Neil Dorfsman on remixing Morning Glory in 5.1

I just added a new article to my website and thought that it might be of interest to some people here.

In this exclusive new interview by Tom Stroud for Oasis Recording Info, the Grammy award-winning producer Neil Dorfsman, perhaps best known for his work with such diverse artists as Dire Straits, Sting, Björk, and Paul McCartney, speaks for the first time about remixing Oasis’s classic 1995 album (What’s The Story) Morning Glory? in 5.1 surround sound for the Super Audio CD edition.

My huge thanks to Tom for this, and to Neil for his great generosity in contributing to the site in this way. I hope you enjoy the article!

www.oasis-recordinginfo.co.uk/?page_id=1201

New article: Neil Dorfsman on remixing Morning Glory in 5.1

Reply #1
Thanks David. Fascinating as always. It doesn't really reflect well on the record company, does it?

"Here's a bunch of multitracks - you figure out what they are - the band doesn't even know you're doing it!"
Funny that they were so helpful that he ended up copying elements from his own personal copy of the CD.

Shame he couldn't remember more.

I guess it shouldn't, but it always surprises me when something I think is really important is just a job for the people involved. Sounds like he was very keen to do a quality-yet-faithful job - with so little oversight he could probably have got away with almost anything.

Cheers,
David.