Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns/PanelsUI Tab like feature (Read 8754 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns/PanelsUI Tab like feature

Hi,

Firstly sorry if the title wasn't descriptive enough.

Secondly I've mocked up the following config in photoshop that I intend to make. http://i25.tinypic.com/m94ydc.jpg

I can create probably about 75% of it but I'm not sure how to create the bit with the album art, info and album list all in one. I could do it using tabs but I don't want the tabs to appear and this is apparently impossible in ColumnsUI. I'm guessing that it could be done by coding it using the PanelsUI trackinfo plugin, if so does anyone have any simple code that they are willing to share. I could grab it from other people's configs but as I'm a beginner I don't really feel comfortable routing around all the code.

Cheers.

Reply #2
I checked it out, my problem is that I'm using ColumnsUI with Track Display. I'm not even sure this is possible.

Also the article doesn't explain what version of PanelsUI is needed, there are also comments stating it doesn't work.

EDIT: does anyone know how to run two instances of Foobar, I'd really like to try this without screwing up the one I already have.

Reply #3
Just copy the foobar folder to where you want. Then run foobar2000 and you can make those changes.

Reply #4
Just copy the foobar folder to where you want. Then run foobar2000 and you can make those changes.

I already have 2 folders, "foobar2000" and "foobar2001" but when I double click the exe file in the second directory it just focuses on the one already open (I even renamed it foobar2001.exe). I'm using WinXP SP2

Reply #5
not having problems with running multiple instances here...maybe there is an option to allow multiple instances in foobar, though i couldnt find it...

the thing that is described in the foobar2000 blog should work with all available panelsui versions. but u also have the option to use the tabs component, i believe the tabs can be hidden too, so one cannot tell that there are tabs. however, you would need to create some buttons to switch between tabs then i guess

edit: typos

Reply #6
What about foo_uie_tabs v.0.2.6? You can hide the tabs display with this component and still move between them via menu (=> buttons, etc.)

Reply #7
not having problems with running multiple instances here...maybe there is an option to allow multiple instances in foobar, though i couldnt find it...

There is no option in foobar2000 to use multiple instances. If you want multiple instances, you have to make sure that you have multiple installations and that at most one installation uses the shared configuration that is stored in your Windows user profile. The General page in the preferences has a setting to control the location of your configuration files.

Reply #8

There is no option in foobar2000 to use multiple instances. If you want multiple instances, you have to make sure that you have multiple installations and that at most one installation uses the shared configuration that is stored in your Windows user profile. The General page in the preferences has a setting to control the location of your configuration files.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot now.

Edit: after playing around with the settings I finally got it to work. Thanks foosion