Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Yet another ReedSolomon encoder (Read 3386 times) previous topic - next topic

Yet another ReedSolomon encoder

http://file.qip.ru/file/109465225/ed7e7ff/crc32.html

Here you can download ReedSolomon encoder to protect files from digital corruption. This proggie is almost similar with QuickPAR and ICEECC, but allows much more block count.

You may protect a DVD not only with a couple thousands of blocks, but also with 20000 or 200000 blocks due to faster encoder.

Example to start
crc32 -wt -r
crc32 -wrr20480v-fittodvd

This will create about 150000 total blocks of 10 sectors per block.
No zeros in matrix or interleave or any sparsity - the protection is absolutely similar with QuickPAR or ICEECC, but incredibly more powerful  due to huge block count.

This prog is console apps for experiensed users only =)))

Reply #1
Hello guys!
I have found four active threads about RS-Codes, but nobody even has downloaded my proggie =(((

Pros:
1) Fast 32-bit codes of 30 Mbytes per second on core2duo
2) Huge block count, 10000 or 100000 or 1000000 blocks
3) BlockSize may be done small due to item 2

Contras:
1) Console app
2) No Unicode which I hate to think about
3) Huge memory usage – 1.2G by default
4) Very huge free HDD space usage for temporary files – 1x while encoding and 2x while decoding, so if one want to repair 50G he must have 100G free

I am interesting in any tests or crash reports.
Thanx =)))

Reply #2
persicum's utility has been updated to ver 2.42

To protect a DVD with 250000 blocks only 5 minutes required.

FARManager MENU is included, no need to type command line.

persicum's prog is 100 times more powerful as compared with QuickPAR/ICEECC