Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bitrate/track length problem (Read 1922 times) previous topic - next topic

Bitrate/track length problem

First of all, I am new here, so hi everyone. 

Now, so in media monkey and foobar2000 I randomly had all of these tracks that were between 32kbps and 127kbps. Knowing that I do not have anything like this in my collection I did some investigation and found that the player was recognizing these tracks (a lot of the time they were the first track on an album) as being 30 + minutes (with the first few minutes being the actual song and the rest of it being silence). So essentially it is adding a SHIT TON of silence to some tracks (seemingly randomly).

Here is one thing that I did notice: A lot of these mystery tracks were converted from APE at one point, but not all of them. It seems to be random, but there aren't that many (Maybe 100 tracks that are erroneously being displayed as lower bitrates than they actually are.) Only a few of these have the added silence problem

In Foobar2000 this problem is more pronounced, where there are a few hundred tracks have not only the wrong bit rate, but also the added silence issue. does anyone know why this is happening and what to do? In foobar perhaps it is the version I am using (the newest one)? Thanks!

Bitrate/track length problem

Reply #1
Your files are broken. foobar can fix them:

right-click->Utils ->fix VBR Header
elevatorladylevitateme