Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New version & ownership of (TT) Dynamic Range DR Meter: MAAT.digital (Read 19225 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New version & ownership of (TT) Dynamic Range DR Meter: MAAT.digital

Reply #50
Please provide quotations of the relevant parts instead of just dropping links, especially when they appear only to be tangential at best.

Reply #51
I just asked him in the previous Archimago's blog link and waiting for a reply.
Is it not against the TOS to still post on this thread? If yes please point me to a relevant thread.

Reply #52
Clipping is one of those subjects that often gains traction, derailing the original topic.

TOS #5 covers this.

Here are two other topics:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,93628.0.html
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,94214.0.html

If you haven't read Apple's Mastered for iTunes PDF you should.  There is nothing in there that says less than optimal masters will be rejected.  Absolutely nothing.

Reply #53
Hey folks,

A heads up that a new fork of the original DROffline is now available at MAAT; DROffline MkII. “DRO2” now includes complete R128 Loudness measurements plus additional informative metrics. It also interoperates with DRMeter MkII. BTW, the original DROffline is still available for those who only need the old stool stuff.
OMas 
::  maat.digital  ::  seneschal.net  ::  othermunday.com  ::  audioxpress.com  ::  hifizine.com  ::

Reply #55
Please provide quotations of the relevant parts instead of just dropping links, especially when they appear only to be tangential at best.

THis, apparently:

As being also an Apple certified Mastering Engineer I can report, that for the “Mastered for iTunes” logo, you have to proof, that there are no Sample or Intersample Overs, otherwise, the files will be refused.

Reply #56
I'll buy that even if it's only anecdotal.  It certainly isn't in the document apple released when mastered for itunes started.

Reply #57
I don't know if what iTunes does is relevant for "Mastered for iTunes", but FWIW:  iTunes itself will/would encode AACs with peaks over >1.
Example (grab as much organ BWV as you want to for free, folks!) though only +0.0something dB:
http://www.blockmrecords.org/bach/detail.php?ID=BWV0561 . The AIFF file with fb2k's "True peak" enabled (tried three different settings) peaks at +0.0something, and so does the AAC file even without true peak enabled. (Though not the iTunes-created MP3.)