Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_prettypop (Read 441223 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_prettypop

Reply #575
Is it possible for this plugin to use foo_covers?

Looks like it works,  with some problems on foo_covers side.

foo_prettypop

Reply #576
Hi FrozenSpoon,

I like your Plugin very much, just updated to the newest version (1.2.4) and suddenly, my album art pictures are not visible anymore. I read the last postings and there had been a change within the internal album art configuration (no need to add the file extension anymore). I tried to fix that within the pretty popup config dialog, but there is no input field for the change of the configuration strings anymore? I can just check "enable album art display" and "border" and nothing more, nothing less. 

I reinstalled my old version, checked my config lines (they are all without the extensions now) and switched back to the new version. Did I got something wrong or missed I something within this thread?  Is there another config dialog or a general "album art" configuration, which I missed? I'm using the newest Columns UI plugin and the (very old?) "track info mod"-plugin (which shows the album art just fine).

Thanks a lot for your plugin again! 
Regards, mister_tee

foo_prettypop

Reply #577
I like it! Thanks a lot.

foo_prettypop

Reply #578
I have a dual monitor setup.  foo_prettypop doesn't display anywhere. This happens when FooBar2000 is on either my primary or secondary monitor.  On another machine with exactly the same setup, but only one monitor, foo_prettypop works 100%.

I can't see any errors in the console or anything that shows an error, so I suspect that the popup is showing, but maybe the position isn't calculated correctly.

Windows XP SP3
.NET 1.1, 2, 3.5
foobar2000 v0.9.6.7
Pretty Popup 1.2.4

foo_prettypop

Reply #579
Is it possible to have the Albumart show above the lines of text?

I've not been able to figure out how, if it is possible.

foo_prettypop

Reply #580
I have a dual monitor setup.  foo_prettypop doesn't display anywhere. This happens when FooBar2000 is on either my primary or secondary monitor.  On another machine with exactly the same setup, but only one monitor, foo_prettypop works 100%.

I can't see any errors in the console or anything that shows an error, so I suspect that the popup is showing, but maybe the position isn't calculated correctly.

Windows XP SP3
.NET 1.1, 2, 3.5
foobar2000 v0.9.6.7
Pretty Popup 1.2.4

Nevermind. The issue fixed itself somehow. No, I'm not usually an idiot

foo_prettypop

Reply #581
Hey FrozenSpoon,

thanks for this very nice plugin.

Can you somehow provide a function that enables it to overlay everything?
Sometimes I listen to music playing games and can't see which track is currently playing.

foo_prettypop

Reply #582
first off, thanks for taking time making this component. 

now for my question:

I'm currently using Foobar 0.9.6.x with Pretty Popup v1.2.4.
I want to know where I can set the plugin to display album art from a folder.  With my config set up as of now, it only displays embedded album art, which isn't optimal for my rig. 

I saw from your configuration image that there was a box directly under the checkbox "enable album art display" where you did just that, however, that was a config for version 1.2.2.
This same box is absent in v1.2.4.  Is it still possible to do this?

Thanks in advance for replies.

foo_prettypop

Reply #583
Slight problem:
Sometimes the popup is on top, sometimes its hidden behind other windows (browser, foobar itself, ... )
Is there a solution to this?

foo_prettypop

Reply #585
In foobar? How do I configure the z-order?

foo_prettypop

Reply #586
I'm having problems similar to those some have reported. Sometimes, the Popup loses it's ability to appear above all windows, and becomes 'minimized'. It is still appearing, but I can only see it if fetch it by alt-tabbing to it. Then it regains its ability to appear on top.
This happens randomly, but one thing that always brings this issue up is using Firefox's full screen mode (which I like to use on account of a low screen resolution.

I'm using the plugin's latest version, and Windows 7 RTM. This issue has happened before, in Windows Vista. Even if there is no easy way to fix this, I'd be glad if someone pointed me to something I could look into. I really love using this plugin and this issue is destroying its user experience

Thanks in advance!

foo_prettypop

Reply #587
Any idea? I don't think it's the normal behaviour of the plugin!?!

foo_prettypop

Reply #588
Hey there,
I have been using foo_prettypop for about a month and i'm loving it!I just wanted to ask if there's an option available to increase the size of the album cover without necessarily increasing the font size of the album info.
Thanks in advance! 

foo_prettypop

Reply #589
How do you add the year in with the pop up?  I've tried %date% and %year% and neither work.

EDIT: Two seconds after I post this I figure it out.  I had
Code: [Select]
 [i]%date%[/i]
but I guess it had to be
Code: [Select]
['[i]%date[/i]']

foo_prettypop

Reply #590
Been playing with prettypop 1.2.4 and it's great but I have one problem, it won't display my album art. Can prettypop see embed album art? Cause I've embedded the album art into each individual file.

And I have a feature request, could you add an option to allow it to pop-up when you pause as well as unpause? I enjoy that it pops-up whenever I unpause(play) but I wish it'd do the same whenever I pause as well.

foo_prettypop

Reply #591
Been playing with prettypop 1.2.4 and it's great but I have one problem, it won't display my album art. Can prettypop see embed album art? Cause I've embedded the album art into each individual file.

It can: Go to Preferences, Display, Pretty Popup, tick "Enable album art display".

Pretty Popup v1.2.4 gets album art from foobar2000, so check your settings there (or in Columns UI) also if no picture is displayed.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_prettypop

Reply #592
Thanks, that did the trick.

I have another question/feature request. Is there any way to display the album art on the right? And if not can it be added to the next version perhaps.

foo_prettypop

Reply #593
Whenever I open Foobar through the quick launch icon the album art won't display regardless of whether I enable album art or not. Does anyone else have this problem? Opening Foobar through the start menu or desktop works fine though.

foo_prettypop

Reply #594
Cool plug. 

Is it possible to have a little more customisability to the popups colours on the background. Such as having gradient options, change album art size and position and add a border around the popup too?

Ive tried popup plus, but it doesnt disappear. Usually just stays up. And its customising options are a little limited.

Many thanks.

foo_prettypop

Reply #595
This is such a great plugin too bad it isn't working with the 1.0 beta  . Maybe in a little time it will be updated.

foo_prettypop

Reply #596
This isn't compatible with the 1 beta? Seems I'll put off the upgrade for now then.

Many users, me included, would love to see this made compatible - would very much appreciate it.

foo_prettypop

Reply #597
This isn't compatible with the 1 beta? Seems I'll put off the upgrade for now then.

It's compatible in that it will still work as you have it configured now, but its configuration page is blank in preferences preventing any changes if you'd like to change its behavior. So, you can feel free to upgrade to 1.0 if you feel that you won't be making any configuration changes before FrozenSpoon can get the problem fixed.

To solve the situation I have changed over to Popup Plus. It's labeled as being crashware, but hey...so is Prettypop.

foo_prettypop

Reply #598
1.2.5 is out and the config page will work properly in 1.0.

Also, hopefully I'll be able to handle the crash reports properly now... eventually hopefully leading to the removal of crashware label.