Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using ReplayGain temporally? (Read 3897 times) previous topic - next topic

Using ReplayGain temporally?

Hello,
Can ReplayGain be used to assign in the fly, temporal volume? such that no tagging is performed but still ReplayGain per track is calculated and applied to whatever track goes next.

Re: Using ReplayGain temporally?

Reply #1
Hi there,

Not exactly to my knowledge, but you can try this DSP - R128Norm - for a volume normalizer.

Cheers

Reply #2
My experimental ReplayGain DSP does that. But it doesn't want to break gapless playback so it allows the scanner to only run for a bit shorter duration then the output buffer contains data. If the scanning fails entirely it will use the same adjustment as was used for the previous track.
If you wish to give it a try make sure to disable the built-in ReplayGain. The component can be downloaded from http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/temp/foo_dsp_replaygain.fb2k-component.

Reply #3
Hi there,

Not exactly to my knowledge, but you can try this DSP - R128Norm - for a volume normalizer.

Cheers
Hey thanks! will check it out
My experimental ReplayGain DSP does that. But it doesn't want to break gapless playback so it allows the scanner to only run for a bit shorter duration then the output buffer contains data. If the scanning fails entirely it will use the same adjustment as was used for the previous track.
If you wish to give it a try make sure to disable the built-in ReplayGain. The component can be downloaded from http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/temp/foo_dsp_replaygain.fb2k-component.
Will definitely try it and report back! Thanks both!

Reply #4
@Case
Your plugin worked perfectly thank you so much!!!
I apologize for the late reply...
Have a great year!!!

Reply #5
Doing some more testing, if a track can't be played, for example the track can't be found, would be better to use then the last correctly played track as base for setting the temporal replaygain value for the next track.

Reply #6
Note that default behavior is to try and scan the track. It uses values from previous track only if scanning fails - for example output buffer is too short or the source is too slow. Testing for file existence in a DSP component is ill-advised. I don't think I'll add such feature.