Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Seeking is `funny' (Read 4799 times) previous topic - next topic

Seeking is `funny'

Problem:
I have noticed that if you have your keyboard-repeat-rate set too high, and keep [RightArrow] depressed, Foobar2000 will skip to the start of the song over and over again. It seems the input buffer gets overloaded or something...
This is only tested with MP3 files. I do not know if it is limited to MP3s.
I use Windows XP and a Logitech cordless keyboard.

Workaround:
Turning down the repeat-rate in Windows `fixes' this problem.

Ubiquitous feature requests:
Previous Track
*nix version (I can always hope ;-)
Support for double-byte characters (for example Russian or Japanese characters) that a normal english Windows does not (cannot) work properly with. I can see how this goes against your basic philosophy of `lean, mean, functional' though.

Praise:
Thank you *so* much for creating one of the best and most promising music players ever! After 30 minutes, WinAmp is *gone*.

Seeking is `funny'

Reply #1
Support for double-byte characters (for example Russian or Japanese characters) that a normal english Windows does not (cannot) work properly with. I can see how this goes against your basic philosophy of `lean, mean, functional' though.

It doesn't work already you mean? I tought one of foobar2000's major features was that it only use doublebyte characters a.k.a. Unicode. Windows NT and up use unicode strings internally so I do not understand which versions are affected by this - don't support unicode but can run foobar2000?

Seeking is `funny'

Reply #2
I can confirm that the seeking messes up on other formats such as FLAC and OGG. My key-refreshrate is set to the fastest possible in windows.

Seeking is `funny'

Reply #3
hmmm, did i break international stuff in 0.29c ? blah.... fixing
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Seeking is `funny'

Reply #4
posted 0.29d, unicode back to normal
note to self: never ever listen to people asking for win9x support again

Seeking is `funny'

Reply #5

It doesn't work already you mean? I tought one of foobar2000's major features was that it only use doublebyte characters a.k.a. Unicode. Windows NT and up use unicode strings internally so I do not understand which versions are affected by this - don't support unicode but can run foobar2000?

Hm... it must be my titles that are fukd then... If I understand it correctly, it's files created on a Japanese version of Windows.
This is probably OT, but this is what it looks like:

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Seeking is `funny'

Reply #6
what file format would that be ? looks like mp3+id3v1 to me, which is incapable of storing international characters at all.

Seeking is `funny'

Reply #7
Yeah, it's just MP3+ID3v1 tags. Guess I need a japanese version of windows to display it correctly... Crappy...

/me starts hunting for a japanese WinXP

Seeking is `funny'

Reply #8

Hm... it must be my titles that are fukd then... If I understand it correctly, it's files created on a Japanese version of Windows.
This is probably OT, but this is what it looks like: