Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Frontend/Catalogue (Read 3230 times) previous topic - next topic

Frontend/Catalogue

does anyone know of a catalogue program that will use whatever program i have associated with mp3 or mpc files via explorer and windows associations?

if not, i suggest someone write an app that will use foobar as a sort of backend, a program that will run foobar from command line, something that catalogues and sorts and edits tags for all the files foobar can play.

i think itd be a great idea.

anyhow, if anyone is interested, there's a program called MPEG Audio collection that can read ape tags and get info about MPC files and ogg files and mp3 files etc.

its pretty old so it would have to be brought up to date, but there is source files.

it is written in borland delphi 6, and there is a source library on the page that contains delphi code for use with multiple audio formats.

the page for all of thsi wonder is here: http://www.jfaul.de/ (it's in english)

hopefully someone will pick this up and run with it!

(i would but i don't know delphi)

****EDIT****

I have emailed the author about supporting foobar2000 as a player in his new version. (didnt realize it was still under development)

We will see what develops.

Frontend/Catalogue

Reply #1
The author has put new beta version of upcoming version 3, it's worth testing ...

Narag

Frontend/Catalogue

Reply #2
Can you give me link to beta version, on http://www.jfaul.de/ I found only alpha7 version
One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them
        "J.R.R.Tolkien"