Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: OpenMPT Module Decoder (Read 9923 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: OpenMPT Module Decoder

Reply #75
Can it be made to output in sample rate that is specified in plugin settings?

Reply #76
Unfortunately I can't make sample rate of my audio device higher. It's limited to 48000 Hz in settings.

But I want to output OpenMPT in 96000 Hz then downsample it to 48000 Hz (sample rate of my audio device). At first glance It may sound as a bad idea. But it depends. For some synthesized audio formats, outputting in higher sample rate may give higher quality. Even if it is downsampled next. Specifically for OpenMPT it depends on how good antialiasing filter works in it. If it works well then output in higher sample rate, of course, is not needed.

As for downsampling to 48000 Hz, good resampler doesn't make any significant quality loss. I programmed simple sinc filter based resampler by myself. I tried to resample 16 bit WAV file to 48000 Hz and then back to 44100 Hz. It was bit to bit exact after resampling.

As far as I know dBpoweramp/SSRC resampler is good enough. So I don't afraid of downsampling to 48000 Hz.

Reply #77
But there is literally no point to doing that, as it already uses a sinc resampler on the modules when synthesizing them. You gain literally nothing useful by oversampling.

Reply #78
But what is the point having this setting then?

Reply #79
What about 2SF Decoder? It doesn't have sinc filtering. The best you can get from it is linear interpolation. Downsampling makes sense for it. But sample rate can't be changed.

BTW, why was vio2sf replaced by 2sf2wav? vio2sf had sinc resampling. Although sample rate was low (32768) and couldn't be reconfigured.

Reply #80
@tonez you can use WASAPI exlusive output mode (it is built-in in 1.6.7 and available with component for older versions). Then kode54's decoders will respect their samplertae settings and then you can use resampler in DSP to resample to samplerate that is supported by your device.
If you don't want to use WASAPI exclusive output, you can use normal WASPI shared with this component. In this case, kode54's decoders will respect their samplertae settings too and resampling to supported  samplerate will be done automatically, but not within decoder.
Edit: corrected link to WASAPI shared output component

Reply #81
@Rollin, thank you very much! It works!

Another way is to use older foobar2000 version (v1.6) which doesn't support forcing sample rate.

But it would be better if "use audio device sample rate" was one of the sample rate options in plugin. It can be enabled by default. But if someone wanted to change sample rate, it could do it by changing the settings.

Reply #82
The sample rate option does affect conversion. Just stick to your old version forever.

Reply #83
 :'(

Reply #84
Fine, I'll make the default 96k and get rid of this output rate syncing feature.

Reply #85
Thank you!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021