Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Inverted meaning of check box (Read 3267 times) previous topic - next topic

Inverted meaning of check box

In “Preferences >  Advanced > Tools > ReplayGain Scanner > File content alteration”, the meaning of check box is inverted:

- If “Prevent clipping” is checked, it doesn’t prevent clipping, and vice-versa
- If “Show warnings” is checked, it doesn’t show warnings, and vice-versa
- I didn’t test, but I think that the same is happening with “Only increase volume”.

Re: Inverted meaning of check box

Reply #1
Can't confirm your findings. Not with a fresh portable install or with my main install that has been updated from ancient days and seen every build.

Reply #2
Today I tested the "Only increase volume" setting and confirmed that the same inverted meaning of check box is occurring with it.

I am using Foobar2000 v1.3.15 in my desktop computer with Windows 10.

Just to clarify, these settings under “Preferences >  Advanced > Tools > ReplayGain Scanner > File content alteration” are used to apply ReplayGain written in tags directly to mp3 file contents, with no need for recoding.

For example, in a playlist with mp3 files saved for tests purposes (which can be discarded), you can do the following test:

1 - Select the mp3 files with track ReplayGain previously calculated and written to the tag
2 – Right-click on them and, in the context menu, choose:
     “ReplayGain > Apply track ReplayGain to file content “

Reply #4
Long shots: Locales/languages, order mark, shift lock, ... ?

Reply #5
Long shots: Locales/languages, order mark, shift lock, ... ?
Thanks for the hint, you are almost right. I bought a new monitor recently, it has higher DPI than the old one and I am now using 130% global Windows font size. Checkboxes are not inverted when using 125%.

Changing display language and locale does nothing.

foobar uses Windows' build-in UI components so it could just be another HiDPI bug, in both Win7 (me) and 10 (OP). Sigh.
https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2017/04/04/high-dpi-scaling-improvements-desktop-applications-windows-10-creators-update/

Reply #6
How interesting. You're right. When the monitor changes from 125% to 150%, the checkings in these checkboxes are inverted.

Reply #8
foobar uses Windows' build-in UI components so it could just be another HiDPI bug, in both Win7 (me) and 10 (OP). Sigh.
https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2017/04/04/high-dpi-scaling-improvements-desktop-applications-windows-10-creators-update/

The tick boxes on Advanced preferences and the Context menu pages certainly don't look like standard Windows ones. Looking at the bitmaps in foobar2000.exe, the largest one just appears to have the two states reversed.

Reply #9
Then Peter should fix it.

Reply #10
WORST BUG EVER

Thanks for reporting. A fixed version will be out shortly.

Apparently the bad bitmap is shown only in 150% text size, that's why it was overlooked for a couple of versions.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #11
1.3.16 posted.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #12
Thanks for the quick fix. 8)