Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_keep_queue (Read 47392 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_keep_queue

Reply #50
ty 

foo_keep_queue

Reply #51
thank you very much for this component!

foo_keep_queue

Reply #52
i have "keep queue" ck marked but it doesnt keep my list intact. what am i doing wrong?

foo_keep_queue

Reply #53
What are you doing at all? What list? What means intact?

This little component works so far for me - means: starting another track manually doesn't flush the playback queue.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #54
What are you doing at all? What list? What means intact?

This little component works so far for me - means: starting another track manually doesn't flush the playback queue.

that does not work as you are describing for me. it does nothing. it simply flushes as if i did not download it. but if it works for you id like to know what i could be possibly doing wrong. its in the components dialogue box where it belongs/downloaded. i have it marked to keep the list..and that is after i click to see viewer list...

foo_keep_queue

Reply #55
What list do you exactly mean? Without a 3rd-party component the playback queue isn't visible as list in fb2k

Edit:

What is a "viewer list"? I ask because that phrase doesn't exist in fb2k. Do you mean "playlist view"? Note that "playback queue" and "playlist view" are two absolutely different things. Maybe you can upload a screenshot.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #56
i mean when i make a playlist..any list in foobar...then i click on playback and have a check mark in "keep queue"..what other list is there? it has to be a playlist in foobar..im talking about foobar...so i dont know why what list am i using makes any difference. if i have a check mark in "keep gueue"..it should keep it and not flush it. are you telling me there is some magic list that i dont know about that only works with this plug in?

when you/me click on playback it shows playback queue viewer...that is where i am getting viewer list from....i made up viewer list cuz it says queue viewer....thats all.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #57
Do you speak to people in that manner when you are not under favour of anonymity? If you stop your your verbal aggressions and put a little more effort in describing your topics in a more appropriate way then i will be kind enough to explain you what the playback queue which you apparently don't know. Only friendly people get answers!

foo_keep_queue

Reply #58
i mean when i make a playlist..any list in foobar...then i click on playback and have a check mark in "keep queue"..what other list is there? it has to be a playlist [. . .] if i have a check mark in "keep gueue"..it should keep it and not flush it. are you telling me there is some magic list that i dont know about that only works with this plug in?

For the sake of removing all doubt:

A playlist is not the same as the playback queue.

when you/me click on playback it shows playback queue viewer...that is where i am getting viewer list from

So, are you referring to a playlist, as implied by your previous paragraph, or the queue, as implied by this one?

If you simply want the active playlist to keep all of its contents when you send a file to it from Windows Explorer, then activate the option Set "enqueue" as the default action.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #59
Maybe he enqueues files from explorer and the playlist (where the files are added to) is overwritten? Who knows!

Lesson

Bad:
...then i click on playback

Good:
... then i click some files in the windows explorer to add them to a foobar2000 playlist

foo_keep_queue

Reply #60
Do you speak to people in that manner when you are not under favour of anonymity? If you stop your your verbal aggressions and put a little more effort in describing your topics in a more appropriate way then i will be kind enough to explain you what the playback queue which you apparently don't know. Only friendly people get answers!

i dont know any other way to describe it. you download the app and put it into the components "box" from preferences or library/configure then i expect it should work? right? what else is there? you say list. what list do you really think i am talking about? im talking about foobar right? so any list is a play-list...i think? and if i click on the playback tab..all the info (for the queue) is right there. its check marked! sooo, that tells me....it should do as it says. i mean tell me..what else is there? and i will attempt to fix it. it seems pretty straight forward..but it aint working for what-ever reason.

and yes...i do talk like i am posting..directly in front of the person/s. there is no other way.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #61
i dont know any other way to describe it.
There are severals way to start playback: clicking files in explorer or using explorers contextmenu or pressing playback button from within foobar2000 itself or clicking a track in a foobar2000 playlist. As long as you don't say it more precise we have to guess what you mean.

you download the app and put it into the components "box" from preferences or library/configure then i expect it should work? right?
Right!

what else is there? you say list. what list do you really think i am talking about? im talking about foobar right? so any list is a play-list...i think?
No, there are many lists: the playlist view is a list but also: facets gives you a list, the library search gives you a list and with a 3rd party component you also can display the mysterious playback queue as a list. 

and if i click on the playback tab..all the info (for the queue) is right there.
What is a playback tab? Not existing term in fb2k! 

....it should do as it says. i mean tell me..what else is there?
It does as it says. It's just that you have wrong assumptions about what it should do. If you indeed tries to add files to a playlist from windows explorer (as db1989 assumed) then you already heard the solution for your problem. And if you still want to know what there is else so please start to accept that there is indeed something that you didn't know. 

Good night!

foo_keep_queue

Reply #62
In that context i think it is appropriate to say that the name of option and comman "enqueue" is not choosen cleverly because in all other parts of fb2k that action is called "add".

"enqueue" indeed can lead to the wrong assumption that it is somehow related to playback queue

Edit
On the other side i have now the feeling that maniacal is fooling us. I guess it is my faul to have wasted my time.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #63
Very useful component. Thanks!

foo_keep_queue

Reply #64
When I right-click, Play from Facets the queue is cleared.  The Keep Queue plug-in keeps that from happening when playing from a playlist but not from Facets. I use FB during parties and invite people to queue their own, but my request to never Play is invariably ignored.

Is there a way to prevent this?

foo_keep_queue

Reply #65
Just noticed the website listed in the author's About says, "This domain name has been seized by ICE".
Also, his last reply here was 2 years ago.  I hope all is well.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #66
Hiya

This is a great component for me, being used to the way Mediamonkey works after having used it every day for 3 years.
I'd like to report a bug though, hoping you're still active in its development.

Simply put, when I exit Foobar, the queue is kept only partially. I've got the queue list enabled so I can see the current queue, and upon restarting part of it is kept while the first few upcoming tracks are not. The only pattern I can see is that it wipes the tracks until the next album. E.g. if the queue holds the last 5 tracks from album x and then starts with album y, all the tracks from x are gone after restarting.

Thanks for any help you could offer

PS: I'm by no means an idiot, computard, technophobe or otherwise unfit for advanced computer usage, so please don't hold back on being technical/to the point/etc... The only disadvantage I'm at is that I'm new to Foobar (installed it yesterday), but I've been tweaking it all afternoon and evening and just finished cleaning up every last tag and detail of my 35GB collection with lots of Foobar-fu (MM, like other programs, seem to be pretty inconsistent/incorrect with its tag formatting) as well as setting up a nice interface in the window, so I think I'm familiar enough with everything now.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #67
As per the post immediately above your post, I would say it is unlikely this component is in active development.

You might consider rethinking the queue usage. It is not intended to be needed to use foobar2000 and for the most part hidden. That is, you may find you have no need for one when you begin to see that in Foobar2000 a playlist is nothing but a collection of tracks and a queue is generally nothing but the tracks assembled in the current playing playlist. All are equal in foobar2000. There are others that will disagree and thus there are some components that extend the usage of foobar2000 hidden queue.

Search on the subject and you will find plenty of information. Or you can describe why you believe you need the queue in foobar2000 and you may receive more detailed assistance.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #68
It's mostly because I'm used to working in 3 main panels:
-a file browser
-a details list showing the information of the current selection in the browser
-a list of tracks, the tracks that were chosen to be queued up for playing

At first I tried doing it the way that's generally recommended, with a playlist. The problem is that, as far as I can tell, there's no way to attach a specific list to a list viewer. I'd only have a single list viewer and it would constantly show my selection instead of having 2 panels with one showing my selection and the other only ever showing the "now playing" list.

In other words, I'm currently making use of the queue because it has a separate, dedicated viewer.

Edit: in addition, I just tried again and made a Now Playing list. I set it to play, then went browsing through the library again. Upon clicking "send to current playlist", I expected my selection to be added to Now Playing but instead it got added to the "current library selection" list, just duplicating its contents into itself...
The only thing that seems to work is dragging the selection onto the Now Playing list in the manager, but that's a tad inconvenient and slow since I'd also have to open up the Now Playing list again first (to insert the selection at a specific point).

Mediamonkey's "Play now", "Play next" and "Play last" were my best friends, to sum it all up. One list to show the current selection, a second (preferably permanently visible) list that shows the current queue of tracks, set up in such a way that getting tracks from the library view into a specific spot in the queue is quick and simple.

Edit edit: I'll keep experimenting though, maybe I'll happen to come across some setup that suits me.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #69
Hi, all. This component doesn't work as expected - when you add items to queue and then play something from any playlist manually - queue just flushed. It can only save queue on exit and restore it on start.

So, please, anyone, help us with this component and fix it !!! This is very needed.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #70
For me it works as expected with last version of foobar2000.
Do you have enabled the functionality from main menu -> playback? Note thhat "keep queue" and "keep queue on exit" are seperated entries in the main menu.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #71
Do you have enabled the functionality from main menu -> playback? Note thhat "keep queue" and "keep queue on exit" are seperated entries in the main menu.

Yes and queue is flushed no matter what. I use Columns UI.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #72
Can't help until you provide more information like your playlist viewer. To find the culprit you could test if the behaviour remains in defaultui or in columnsui with a different playlist viewer

foo_keep_queue

Reply #73
Can't help until you provide more information like your playlist viewer. To find the culprit you could test if the behaviour remains in defaultui or in columnsui with a different playlist viewer

What is Playlist Viewer ? I have only Columns UI with default "Playlist sidebar".

The bad thing that this issue is not permanent - it can work also.

foo_keep_queue

Reply #74
Does anyone tries to maintain this project using sources shared by Qtax in his first post?
Eh... It was nice to graduate sound engineering but it seems that graduating programming would solve many (or maybe most) of my small sized life problems...