Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to move Configuration and Settings between WinXP and WIn7 machines? (Read 909 times) previous topic - next topic

How to move Configuration and Settings between WinXP and WIn7 machines?

Hi there

I use foobar on my main XP machine but would now like to install it on a couple of Win7 laptops....  Is there an easy way for me to have all my settings and configurations copied across from the XP machine to the laptops?  If so, how would I go about it please? 

Also, would it make a difference if the laptops run 64-Bit versions of Win7?

Many thanks

Max

Re: How to move Configuration and Settings between WinXP and WIn7 machines?

Reply #1
If you hold Shift while clicking the File menu, an option appears that says "Browse Configuration Folder". It will take you to a foobar2000 folder. This folder contains your entire configuration, and you can copy it whenever you want.

The right place on a Win7 system is usually: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000

Reply #2
Great - thanks for that.  So, if I do that on my XP machine, copy what's there...  The do it on the Win7 machines, delete what's there and replace with the stuff copied from XP, all will be well?  I wasn't sure if the install for Win7 (esp. if 64-Bit) might be different and that doing this might cause problems?  Great news if it doesn't as it will then be a straight forward process. 

Thanks for the reply and help

Reply #3
> delete what's there

copy it to a safe place first ;)

Reply #4
Many thanks for the help...  Might be a week or so until I get to the laptop I want to install it on, but will give it a go when I do and report back. 

Cheers :)