Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can you identify it? (Read 7380 times) previous topic - next topic

Can you identify it?

I'd love to know who's the author of that music and what's its title - it can be heard on Discovery channel Wings trailer (there's a theme with aeroplanes & radars in the video) and I also heard it in one of the Top Gear's car reviews.
I made a quick preview of the melody in Psycle:
unknown.mp3 (237KB)

Eventually, is there a forum where people can ask for things like that?

Can you identify it?

Reply #1
Reminds me a little of Jarre's Rendevous II part 1.

Do you know what car was being reviewed on Top Gear (the UK show?)? Some clips can be found on YouTube or Google Video and it would be nice to hear the clip in full.
daefeatures.co.uk

Can you identify it?

Reply #2
I know Jarre's Randevous but it's not that. The main theme is actually played on the guitar (heavily DSPed though). And yes, by Top Gear I mean that UK show, but I don't remember the car that was reviewed then. I'll try to somehow record the original clip for reference...

Can you identify it?

Reply #3
If you can identify the episode, or get a decent description of the car that was being reviewed etc...then you can try going to http://www.finalgear.com and ask in the forums there. There is a specific section of the forum where songs from each episode are identified; the people there are friendly and will happily help you out! Good luck.

Can you identify it?

Reply #4
The car reviewed was Vauxhall VX220 Turbo, it was episode 6 of 2nd series, unfortunatelly on FinalGear forums they don't list the music from that episode

Can you identify it?

Reply #5
I don't know the track if this is the episode (the second tune is Led Zepplins - Kashmir ofcourse):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3z5pqT7lfuE

Maybe someone else will recognise it.
daefeatures.co.uk

Can you identify it?

Reply #6
Ok years later I still don't have it, I managed to record it.
As for now it's unidentified on FinaGear forums, although they suspect it could be found on ExtremeMusic, somewhere...

Can you identify it?

Reply #7
Persistent little bastard, aren't you?

It sounds vaguely Depeche Mode-ish. Considering Depeche Mode is an English group, it isn't a bad place to start looking, I think. I can tell you that it's not Amon Tobin, a regular contributor to Top Gear's score.

Can you identify it?

Reply #8
I know Depeche Mode fairly well and unfortunately I'm quite sure it's not them.

Can you identify it?

Reply #9
Solved! EagleScout1998 used Shazam and correctly identified it as "Slo Burn" by Kris Stone