Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 224969 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #325
Hello,
This might be me just being stupid, but all I get is "No Photo" and "No Cover". Is there something I am missing that needs to be setup additionally?

Reply #326
Overall thanks for the awesome biography/review solution!

One question: Is there a way to have image-only mode for biography, and Auto (image + text) for the review? Right now, Image-only/Text-only/Auto-display applies to both bio and review, as far as I can see.

I've experimented with custom layout styles – a text+image one for the reviews:

... and one with mostly image for the bio; the problem is that I cannot completely remove the text box in a custom style (or at least I don't see how to do it). Also, image auto-fill (=auto zoom&crop to fill the panel space) doesn't seem to work in quite the same way in Auto Display mode (there's a space left empty on the left and right, maybe for the text scrollbars?):

I'd want the bio to look the way it does in the Image-only mode:

Do you have an idea for me how to do this combo – image-only mode for bio, custom style for review? Any help appreciated!

Reply #327
since the installation is still coming out, no photo that I need to work? what configuration? Thank you

Reply #328
Great panel.

Is there a way I can save all my artist images in one folder? This is how I used to do it with the old Biography View before it stopped working after the last.fm update.

I have tried changing the [SAVE] section in biography.ini to:
Code: [Select]
Image [Artist] Folder=F:\Documents\Foobar\Artist\%BIO_ARTIST%

But this creates a subfolder for the artist with the artist image inside like this "%artist%\%artist%.jpg".
Is there a way I can have all of the artist images in the one folder? I'd rather not have a new folder for each artist when I only want one image per artist.

I have also tried this, but no image is saved:
Image [Artist] Folder=F:\Documents\Foobar\Artist

Reply #329
solved was my internet...

Reply #330
@tinkerer2015
I have changed the menu handling so that different modes (e.g. image only vs combo) as well as different styles can be independently set with bio & reviews. It should be in the next version. The small difference in autofill handling between auto display and image only is because the former respects the "Layout Outer Padding Image..." settings in panel properties to provide the ability to align with text & so you can adjust it there. The latter always fills the whole panel.

@Solynth. Saving heterogenous artist images in the same folder isn't supported. Since the normal aim is to cycle through images of a particular artist, the simplest way of doing it is to have separate folders and load the images therein. That method also enables efficient updating and so I don't see it changing. You didn't really explain what you can't achieve through the way its done. Your picture showed a mixture of artist images in windows explorer (?). If that's what you want then simply apply a search filter for pictures to the master folder. If you want to display artist images in other album art viewers, playlists or browsers etc enter the appropriate patterns, e.g. in main foobar2000 preferences>display>album art>artist. For the default save location enter:
XX\foobar2000\yttm\art_img\$cut(%artist%,1)\%artist%\*
where XX is your own specific path
Most current plug-ins support that source.
That will load 1 image per artist.

Reply #331
Works a treat, thanks.
The main reason is I didn't want to have folders within folders if each folder only contained 1 image file.

Reply #332
Hi I am using foobar 1.4 beta 17 with Darkone 4 modified by yourself.
I have deleted the whole appdata...yttm folder which has been recreated.
I get the biographies but no artist images?

Reply #333
It sounds like a hangover of this issue that's easily correctable.

Essentially, the utils.WriteTextFile in early releases of the JScript panel v2 series resulted in an invalid "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" file that wouldn't save images. Try following steps 1-4 in the post. Essentially ensure Biography version 0.9.0.2 is being used. You may need to update it. Navigate to foobar2000\yttm\foo_lastfm_img.vbs and delete the corrupt "foo_lastfm_img.vbs". Restart foobar2000. A new functional "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" should be created. You may need to use sources > force update to show images (i.e. if you've artists folders with just update.txt & no pictures).

Reply #334
Hello,

Updating to foobar2000 1.3.18 seems to have broken Biography.
Using JScript Panel 2.1.4 and Biography 0.9.0.2.
Any help with this will be highly appreciated!

Edit:
Tried installing foobar2000 1.4 beta 17 and same issue.
Should also mention I use DarkOne 4.0

Best regards

What is the opposite of music?

Reply #335
Rolled back to foobar2000 1.3.17 and still no luck!
That's weird, maybe something else is broken?

Reply #336
I just tried on a fresh foobar2000 1.3.19 install with JScript panel 2.1.4 & it all worked. However, for the foobar2000 1.3 series, JScript panel 2.1.4 requires installation of the vc_redist.x86.exe package as documented in the JScript panel installation instructions. Had you installed that? I assume you are properly connected to the internet etc.

The only other thing I'm aware of that could also effect 1.4 installs is a hangover of this issue, which specifically effected image downloading. Essentially, the utils.WriteTextFile in early releases of the JScript panel v2 series resulted in an invalid "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" file that wouldn't save images. Try following steps 1-4 in the post. Essentially ensure Biography version 0.9.0.2 is being used (shift + right click biography & choose configure to check). Navigate to foobar2000\yttm\foo_lastfm_img.vbs and delete the corrupt "foo_lastfm_img.vbs". Restart foobar2000. A new functional "foo_lastfm_img.vbs" should be created. You may need to use sources > force update to show images (i.e. if you've artists folders with just update.txt & no pictures). While I doubt that there's an issue with biography.ini that's in the same folder, you could also reset that by deleting (or renaming to keep a back up) and restarting foobar2000.

HTH

Reply #337
Thanks for your answer! Appreciate that!

Followed your advice and got good results! YAY!

I already had VC_redist.x86.exe installed.
Internet connected... of course... :D
I deleted first the foo_lastfm_img.vbs but that didn't change anything.
Then deleted the biography.ini and the Biography worked like a charm!
I noticed that my old biography.ini backup looked different from the newly created one.
The path I had before to save images to another drive was | Album Review [Allmusic] Folder Location=X:\Biography\yttm |
The new path needed to be changed to | Album Review [Allmusic] Folder=X:\Biography\yttm |
So removing | Location | from the path did the trick!
Thanks for your input, all is good now! Biography is back!

Edit:
Updated to foobar2000 v1.3.18 and all is good!

Best regards

Reply #338
@WilB,
I report about another error but when using Biography v0.9.0.2 script (see attached pic.).
Unfortunately, I didn't understand what actions cause this error.
Please check, and let me know if you need more info.
My previous report Reply #71

Thanks.

Reply #339
That error doesn't make any sense. It's on line 2083, yet the v0.9.0.2 release is only 2021 lines long. So the script appears to have been modified in some way. Consequently, I don't know whether or not the error is caused by the modification, or in which part of the code to look... I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. If the script has only cosmetic modifications, i.e. it's just less condensed, then you can post the code block around your line 2083 and I'll take a look.

Reply #340
@WilB,
I use the original script Biography v0.9.0.2 by WilB and didn't modify.
But I paste the text of script after line 121 where was the text JScript Panel v2.1.4 from 1 to 121 lines.
So the lines became more then 2021. I'm not correct? Is it necessary to clean the all area before paste the Biography script? or how right?
So the issue at the Line: 1962 (2083-121), Col: 175
This line is below:
 var remove = imgExisting.length + noNewLinks - artLimit; remove = Math.min(remove, imgExisting.length); if (remove > 0) {for (k = 0; k < remove; k++) imgToDelete.push({a:a, p:imgExisting[k].p}); p.save(bio_cache, JSON.stringify(imgToDelete, null, 3));}
I hope this helps to identify and fix the issue.

Thanks.

Reply #341
Thanks for the extra info.

1) You should delete the default JScript panel script before pasting in biography. If you don't, functions etc are duplicated although in reality it shouldn't actually matter as JScript panel uses the last instance of things.

2) I'll add a fix for the line 2083 issue in the next version. In the meantime, there is a file in the folder foobar2000 > yttm called "cache_bio.json". It looks to me as though it might have become invalid in some way and I suggest deleting it. Then restart foobar2000. A new valid one should be auto-created. If that doesn't stop the problem, then, until the fixed version is out, please switch off the artist image cache limit in biography.ini by setting it blank:

[MISCELLANEOUS]
---
---
---
Image [Artist] Cache Limit=

HTH

Thanks for reporting.

Reply #342
1) The number of images stored can be restricted to a set value: Image [Artist] Cache Limit: "menu > sources > server settings" (biography.ini). That way newer images are added & older removed to give a fixed number of up-to-date images. Due to issues with lfm & images, both a few years ago and again recently, I think its best to cache images, and not make repeated requests for the same images. Plus it's faster.
@WilB,
but that mode (only one folder for cache with overwriting files for other artist - let's say overlay cache mode) can be realizable as enable/disable option. That realized and works well (and quite fast) in the script by kgena_ua. It would be great to have this opportunity for Biography script too.
Also, speed download can be increased by selecting the quality option of images - this is sometimes a useful thing.

3) Static mode. That can be done by specifying fallback images in foobar2000>preferences>display>album art. Titleformatting can be used in the patterns (e.g. genre related images could be used) or a stub set. Artist mode checks artist patterns & album mode checks front cover patterns. If auto mode is used, any unnecessary text auto-hides when nothing is found.
I meant the lock mode like in YouTube Track Manager.

Dear WilB, Please add these features for the next version if possible.

Thanks.

Reply #343
anyone have a recommendation for how I can find/scrape albums/artists in my library that haven't already been scanned with biography panel, ie last/never updated?

Reply #344
one more...

The script crashes (1.4/dui) without internet connection?

Error: JScript Panel v2.1.6 (Biography v0.9.0.2 by WilB)
JavaScript runtime error:
Object expected
File: <main>
Line: 543, Col: 173
<source text only available at compile time>

Reply #345
I was aware of the issue, which occurs in rather a rare scenario. It should be fixed for the next version.

In the meantime, if you're inclined, you can replace the whole of line 543 with that below. Shift + right click the script, choose configure and navigate to line 543.

this.on_state_change = function() {if (this.xmlhttp != null && this.func != null) if (this.xmlhttp.readyState == 4) {if (this.xmlhttp.status == 200) this.func(); else if (this.on_search_done_callback) this.on_search_done_callback(artist, list, done, handles);}}

Thanks for the report.

Reply #346
Hi WilB
Looking forward to trying the new SpiderMonkey version.

In the mean time I have a question/request. In artist mode the 'Auto Cycle Photo' option together with an interval loops through all pics in my artist folder. However in album mode it only displays the folder/cover pic. Is there any way I can get a similar behaviour as with artist ie display all pics in my album folder? Or loop through all files in the custom cover paths in server settings.

FYI; I store my albums in separate folders under each artist folder.

Reply #347
Hi WilB
Looking forward to trying the new SpiderMonkey version.

I'll 2nd that, although this is one of the most efficient panels I'm running - no lag/library browse issues - great work!

One further request/suggestion: clicking switches modes, but how about adding "open containing folder" option on ctrl-click?

It would be great to be able to easily get to the artist image folder to purge the 'unrelated same band name' photos.

Thanks again for the superb script

Reply #348
Hi WillB
How can I change font size ? I tried through Propertis Panel but it does not work. Does it depend on foobar skin I use ?

Reply #349
Hi WillB
How can I change font size ? I tried through Propertis Panel but it does not work. Does it depend on foobar skin I use ?

ctrl-click>Panel Properties>Zoom Font Size (%)