Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Does Not Display Large Album Art (Read 949 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Does Not Display Large Album Art

Foobar does not display large album art when using images from the album folder. I have my album folders organized with cover art as cover.jpg and no embedded artwork. The cover.jpg's that have pixel sizes of 4000x4000 show as blank in the Foobar Album Art Viewer and in Facets. I noticed 3000x3000 jpg's and smaller work but not 4000x4000. I also tried switching to ColumnsUI and same issue (not sure if this was even a smart test but either way it doesn't work)

What's strange is if I embed the 4000x4000 jpg as Front Cover it does work, so this issue is only when using image files in the album folder.

I'm using the latest Foobar version 1.6.11 on Win10 with Default User Interface. When viewing the Console no errors appear.

Re: Foobar Does Not Display Large Album Art

Reply #1
Maybe check
Preferences > Advanced > (in Filter you can type "Album art") > Display > Album Art > Maximum external art size

It's 8 MB for me.

Reply #2
Yes!! This fixed it! I changed it from 8MB to 100MB and now it is working as expected. Thank you so much I had no idea that was a setting.

It is my first time using this forum, am I supposed to mark the thread as solved or anything like that?

Reply #3
:D

I don't know. Not that I know.

Reply #4
It is my first time using this forum, am I supposed to mark the thread as solved or anything like that?
As far as I know, it's not possible for a user to edit the subject line here at HA but just letting the thread participants know what happened is always appreciated. Thanks.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)