Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to play folder-based MP3 w/o using playlists? (Read 1525 times) previous topic - next topic

How to play folder-based MP3 w/o using playlists?

Hi All!

My MP3 are sorted in folder and I want to play them folder-based and not playlist-based.
I've tried around for a while, but it does not work . . .

Does anyone have a hint for me?

Thanks in advance!

Re: How to play folder-based MP3 w/o using playlists?

Reply #1
You could try foo_uie_explorer.

Reply #2
Ok, thanks!

Unfortunately foo_uie_explorer 2.04.8 ist no longer available - site is down and I found no ather download site ...

Reply #3
Unfortunately foo_uie_explorer 2.04.8 ist no longer available - site is down and I found no ather download site ...

I have a copy of this file, is it permissible to upload or link to a copy for distribution? Is there a preferred way to preserve abandon extensions?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #5
The DUI and CUI album list panels also have folder-based views.
I'm late

Reply #7
I have a copy of this file, is it permissible to upload or link to a copy for distribution?
You've got a PM ;-)

Reply #8
The DUI and CUI album list panels also have folder-based views.
Yes, but to play the content of a folder, I first have to send it to a play list.
What I want is to play all MP3 of a folder without sending to a playlist first . . .

Reply #9
You could also use Peter's Boom.
As I like to call it,  foobar2000's little brother..
Yes, I saw a hint to Boom before. But it's a very simple designed little brother ;-)

Reply #10
What I want is to play all MP3 of a folder without sending to a playlist first . . .

So... you don't want to see the files that you want to play?

Reply #11
I would think a *similar* thing could be done using Facets and creating a column that grouped the library by folders rather than tags. I've done that using EsPlaylist for example with Podcasts which are grouped by parent directory. That's assuming there's some kind of coherent structure to the directory tree. Double-clicking the item would then play the contents of the grouped item.

Reply #12
Hello,

I can't speak for the original poster, but I would just like to be able to play directly from my album list.

This is how the foobar2000 Android app works and I like it. So, for example, you start at the top, click on the "Album" category, pick an album and click on it, click on the first track and the album starts playing. Maybe in the background a playlist is created, but it is transparent to the user.

If you try to do the same thing in the Windows application, clicking on an album in the tree expands the tracks, and clicking on a track does nothing. You go up and hit the play button, and nothing happens. Right click on the album to get the context menu, and still no way to play, just a bunch of playlist options.

Is there a way to get it to act like the Android app in Windows?

Thanks!

Joe

*Update*

OK, I played around with it a little longer, and I found I can do what I want. Under quick appearance setup, I picked Album list + Properties (tabbed) + Visualizations. Under the Album list View drop down, I picked "by folder structure". Then drilling down and selecting an album in the tree, I found hitting "enter" on the keyboard will add all the tracks from the album to the playlist and start playing them. So that basically does everything I want in one key stroke.