Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mp3tag v2.40 released (Read 47536 times) previous topic - next topic

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #25
Great! 

Two question for you, Florian:

1) Why with Mp3Tag I can view GIF and Bitmap image but I can't add this image format? 

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #26
1) Why with Mp3Tag I can view GIF and Bitmap image but I can't add this image format?
I don't see the point in using BMP for cover art. GIF okay, but after all that hassle with patenting I simply felt better in offering support for importing PNG and JPG only.

2) Why can't work with PlayCount Metadata in my Mp3 files?
Which ID3v2 frame is used to store the information in your case?

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #27
Yes, Bitmap it is too heavy but GIF is very good 

I use PCNT frame 

dbPowerAmp can view and edit PlayCount 

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #28
Yes, Bitmap it is too heavy but GIF is very good 

I use PCNT frame 

dbPowerAmp can view and edit PlayCount 

i can see no reason to prefer gif over png

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #29
i can see no reason to prefer gif over png

No particular reason... however the format is very popular 

Another question for Florian:

when I add an image I cannot specify the picture type, like CoverFront, CoverBack, Band, Artist, etc...
why? 

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #30
I use PCNT frame 
Thanks for the hint. I'll add support for this in a future release.

when I add an image I cannot specify the picture type, like CoverFront, CoverBack, Band, Artist, etc...
why?
This is already on my internal todo list and will be added with one of the next versions.

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #31
Thanx Florian and good work 

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #32
I use PCNT frame 
Thanks for the hint. I'll add support for this in a future release.

Florian,

I thought Mp3tag already supported PlayCount using

POPULARIMETER

This description is for only ID3v2 tags. The playcounter is an optional value.

Syntax: Email|Rating|Playcounter
Example: Mp3tag|255|5
Note: The Rating is an integer between 0 (worst) and 255 (best).

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #33
I thought Mp3tag already supported PlayCount using

POPULARIMETER
Yes, it supports playcount through the POPM frame, but as you can see from the comments above, not all applications are using this field

Edit: and yes, it's redundant from the specification point of view (which is actually no surprise with ID3v2).

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #35
I too am a big fan of MP3tag and am using it extensively at the moment. I do have one small problem/query though. If I try to retrieve the tag info from Freedb.org Mp3tag very often fails to find the entry I'm looking for and I have to locate it manually in freedb, note the ID and use the "enter" option to retrive the data. Am I doing something wrong or is this maybe something that could be improved in a future release?

Thanks

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #36
Mp3tag has four different options to import data from freedb:
  • by Audio CD
  • by selected files
  • by disc id
  • by search query
The second option requires the files to be in the correct order and have the correct length (which might be the problem you're describing). The last option is probably the most advanced option, since you can tune the query results by using are more broader search criteria.

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #37
  • by Audio CD
  • by selected files
  • by disc id
  • by search query
The second option requires the files to be in the correct order and have the correct length (which might be the problem you're describing). The last option is probably the most advanced option, since you can tune the query results by using are more broader search criteria.

I usually use option 4 'by search query'. Usually that will find what I want but often what happens is that I'll try searching by Artist and Mp3tag finds no match so I search by Album and again Mp3tag finds no match. So, I open my browser and look in Freedb myself. Invariably I find what I'm looking for and copy the Freedb ID which I then paste into Mp3tag using the disc ID option.

So, I assume I'm not using the search query option quite how Mp3tag wants it or the search that Mp3tag performs on Freedb could maybe be improved somehow.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #38

• by Audio CD
  • by selected files
  • by disc id
  • by search query

I usually use option 4 'by search query'. Usually that will find what I want but often what happens is that I'll try searching by Artist and Mp3tag finds no match so I search by Album and again Mp3tag finds no match. So, I open my browser and look in Freedb myself. Invariably I find what I'm looking for and copy the Freedb ID which I then paste into Mp3tag using the disc ID option.

So, I assume I'm not using the search query option quite how Mp3tag wants it or the search that Mp3tag performs on Freedb could maybe be improved somehow.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Same problem here. I'm not completely sure but discs in the past I tagged with Mp3tag are not matching now with option 2. But if I try to get info with foobar2000 from freedb it works. So I think I've got the same problem as you (don't know if it´s a bug or something misconfigured or what).

Thank you very much Florian.

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #39
Do you have an example?

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #40
Do you have an example?

Hi. Now i don't find an example of the different versions case (actually, I think it is a bad memory problem because both 2.41 and 2.39 are giving the same ID results when they don't find a record so they work just the same calculating the ID, sorry about that) but i do find some records I find with foobar and not with Mp3tag (Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand (2007), for example). I don´t know how to submit you the info.

I´ve been thinking about what´s in common among all the records I cannot find with Mp3tag and the only thing I' ve found out is that all are records got from a cue and a lossless file using foobar convert tool. But all the freedb queries done are using the actual mp3's. It's not the case the other way round, I meen: not all the records from cue+lossless got with foobar2000 are not found by Mp3tag; it depend (I ignore on what). I don´t know if I've made myself understood  .

And thank you very much again (and sorry for my error in relation with your great software).

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #41
Do you have an example?

I have an example. It's not a very good one but it's the only one that springs to mind.

Elton John had an album entitled "Elton John", released in 1970. If I select all the tracks in Mp3tag, hit the look-up button, use the "determine via websearch" option, enter "Elton John" and just have the "Artsist" checked Mp3tag finds lots of Elton John albums, but not the one in question. If I repeat the process but this time enter "Elton John" and just have the "Album" checked I get the message "The query returned no results....." returned. However the album is present in the db, its ID is ae0bea0d under "Rock".

The reason I said it's not a very good example is that if I enter "Elton John"and have the "Artsist" and "Album" checked it does indeed return the album in question (among several others) but I've had many instances in the past where enetering "Artist" and "Album" does not find the one I'm looking for.

I'm away on business for a coupkle of weeks from tomorrow so will not be able to get back to you if you need any more info. If I find a better example in future should I pm you or just continue this thread?

thanks

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #42
Has the option of bach creating playlists for each directory by pressing Shift + Ctrl + P been removed or changed?. It dosn't seem to work with me on the later versions of Mp3tag after 2.40.
"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #43
I'm using 2.43c (beta) and it works for me.

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #44
I've never used it before, but when I pick three directories it'll ask me to name three playlists.  Is that what you're looking for?

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #45
I'm using 2.43c (beta) and it works for me.

I tried 2.43c and got i still having a problem with it.

For some it will create all playlists as ALBUM.m3u on my root music folder e.g C:\Music\ALBUM.m3u, instead of adding them onto the album subfolders like C:\Music\ARTIST\ALBUM\ALBUM.m3u.

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #46
Go to change it in Tools > Options > Playlists > Filename of Playlists.

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #47
Go to change it in Tools > Options > Playlists > Filename of Playlists.

I tried it by doing like %artist%\%album%. It won't with artists or albums with odd charctors like ? : /. I managed to get Mp3tag to batch create album playlists on each subfolder without dealing with the filename settings about a year ago with a older version, but now am having no luck at all.

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #48
Code: [Select]
%artist%\%directory%\mp3tag.m3u

Worked with JT - Futuresex/Lovesounds.

Just got to play with it some more for artist with special characters.

Mp3tag v2.40 released

Reply #49
Code: [Select]
%artist%\%directory%\mp3tag.m3u

Worked with JT - Futuresex/Lovesounds.

Just got to play with it some more for artist with special characters.

Fair enough, since i have to deal with special characters on my artwork scripts (import cover from lossless archive folders to lossy files) anyway.

Thanks.