Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DirectShow filter tidying (Read 2003 times) previous topic - next topic

DirectShow filter tidying

Hello all 

First of all, the cliché remark, I hope I posted this in the right section  ...

So, today I finally found the time to do a 'spring' (more of a 'summer-'  ) cleaning of my computer... It would include a total clean(s)ing of any Micro$$$oftDirectShowCrap-filter present. And I have them a lot, Illiminable's oggcodecs, the CCCP, ffdshow, and other total random filters for nearly everything available... So, I decided to put every codec I have in one single folder... But I want to do it neatly, not nasty... That means one codec, one file (no more different files for the splitter, the decoder, the encoder, the container, the whatever-else-there-is). So I need to know a few things: (first a very unrelated and the most stupidest and noobishest question of all      ): what is the difference between a container-filter and a splitter-filter? Is there any place in the world where I can find fully up-to-date single DirectShowCrap-filters (I mean, finding a single-file working DS-filter for e.g. FLAC, VobSub or VP6 is very nasty)? Is there an easily modularised Audio/Video player for Windows or Cygwin who doesn't need DirectShow and is comparable in features to WMP (yeah, WMP, really  ), Winamp or J. River Media Center?

Am I dreaming and hoping for a utopia  or can my will really be executed  ?

Thank you