Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Android .opus file extension support (Read 18933 times) previous topic - next topic

Android .opus file extension support

I just flashed the latest LineageOS 15.1 (Android Oreo) build for my Galaxy S5 and noticed that there is full support for Opus files using the .opus file extension.  No more need for renaming or any other fiddling around.

Re: Android .opus file extension support

Reply #1
That's nothing new. Native Opus support was present already in Android N.

Reply #2
That's nothing new. Native Opus support was present already in Android N.
That's misleading. While Opus is supported since Nougat, it us only supported using the .ogg extension. Supporting Opus audio with .opus extension is for the moment a Lineage OS thing only. It still baffles me why Google can't get Opus support right when everybody else seems to be able to since ages ago.

Reply #3
I believe we should vote for fixing of this issue if we want to have it fixed:
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/37054258
Just add a star. More stars, more chances that the issue will be visible for somebody who can decide to fix it in Android.