Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to add replaygain to MPC(SV8) files? (Read 15382 times) previous topic - next topic

How to add replaygain to MPC(SV8) files?

Hello, I know this question has probably been answered dozens of times, but is there some sort of guide or tutorial explaining exactly step for step how to add replaygain to MPC (version SV8) files? I can't seem to find any guides anywhere and I would really appreciate if anyone could help me.

Reply #1
Just load your tracks into foobar2000, select them -> right mouse button -> Replaygain

Reply #2
Just load your tracks into foobar2000, select them -> right mouse button -> Replaygain

Thank you for the reply. I tried that but it seems that adding replaygain lowered the volume somehow... The volume of the files without replaygain is fine on my PC, but on my iPod I have to turn the volume all they way up to hear the files which is why I wanted to add replaygain.

Reply #3
foobar2000 does not adjust the audio data (by default); it uses metadata tags to tell itself and other RG-compliant software what the player's internal gain adjustment should be.

The end result of ReplayGain will in most cases be an apparent reduction in volume. The loudness level it is adjusting to is very likely lower than what the track was recorded and mastered to. The purpose of ReplayGain is create a relative baseline between tracks (or collections of tracks), since different releases are unlikely to be mastered at the same loudness level. Having to turn up the volume afterwards is normal and expected, but there should be less volume adjustment necessary during playback.