Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Proper Vorbis Tags to use for Lyrics (Read 5571 times) previous topic - next topic

Proper Vorbis Tags to use for Lyrics

I use Foobar2000 and the Lyrics3 plugin to embed lyrics into my ogg files.

The plugin writes unsynced lyrics to the UNSYNCED LYRICS tag and synced lyrics to the LYRICS tag.  This works great in Foobar2000 and Ampache.  But when I turn around and copy the Ogg files onto my Android phone, nothing seems to see the lyrics.

I have 2 media players installed on my phone right now:  Shuttle and Power Amp.  Whenever I ask either app to display lyrics, both tell me there are no embedded lyrics found.

I have emailed the authors of both apps and asked them what specific tag their app is looking for for lyrics and have yet to hear back.

I figure, if someone here knows what other Vorbis tags are used for lyrics, I could experiment and see if I can get lyrics to show up.

Reply #1
For android use LYRICS instead of UNSYNCED LYRICS. UNSYNCED LYRICS only work for mp3. Other than mp3 e.g. AAC and Vorbis use LYRICS.

I recommend you use BlackPlayer. This player contain their own tag editor and you can embed lyrics too.
I will think about tomorrow's problem tomorrow

Reply #2
For android use LYRICS instead of UNSYNCED LYRICS. UNSYNCED LYRICS only work for mp3. Other than mp3 e.g. AAC and Vorbis use LYRICS.

I recommend you use BlackPlayer. This player contain their own tag editor and you can embed lyrics too.

Thank you!  I'll give that a try.

Reply #3

LYRICS Vorbis Comment worked! Thank you!

I'll give BlackPlayer a look.

I do most of my listening through D-Sub streaming from my own Subsonic server.  But work decided to block my domain name a few weeks ago (we have a wifi network for people's smartphones and tablets, as part of the BYOD program.)  So now I'm copying all my music local onto the phone.

I bought Shuttle.  It's nice because it's material design and you can see lyrics by simply double tapping on the album artwork while a song is playing.  This is super convenient.

I also bought PowerAmp, because it was on sale for $0.99.  Don't know if it is still on sale, but it really is pretty good.

Reply #4

I do most of my listening through D-Sub streaming from my own Subsonic server.  But work decided to block my domain name a few weeks ago (we have a wifi network for people's smartphones and tablets, as part of the BYOD program.)  So now I'm copying all my music local onto the phone.

I bought Shuttle.  It's nice because it's material design and you can see lyrics by simply double tapping on the album artwork while a song is playing.  This is super convenient.

I also bought PowerAmp, because it was on sale for $0.99.  Don't know if it is still on sale, but it really is pretty good.

Me too like shuttle but when I see BlackPlayer I change to it immediately. BlackPlayer has an adaptive color UI that change according to your album art color and album art is much more bigger than shuttle. It can view lyric too and it smoother and use less ram than shuttle.

I will think about tomorrow's problem tomorrow

Reply #5

Me too like shuttle but when I see BlackPlayer I change to it immediately. BlackPlayer has an adaptive color UI that change according to your album art color and album art is much more bigger than shuttle. It can view lyric too and it smoother and use less ram than shuttle.

Fine.  You win.  I'll spend the $1.00