Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [request] Read CD-Text in Foobar (Read 9578 times) previous topic - next topic

[request] Read CD-Text in Foobar

Hi, I don't know how to code anything but HTML (that's a big help here.  ) so I don't know how hard this would be to implement. But I was hoping that someone could write a plugin that reads CD-Text when you goto File>Open Audio CD>Play

Reply #1
I'd like to see this implamented too.

Reply #2
I'd like to see this too - actually I was surprised when I found it isn't already implemented, foobar2000 seems to do everything else!  Ed

Reply #3
I would also like this, as well as the ability to read ISRCs, pregaps, UPC, etc. from the disc - as EAC does - and store them within a cuesheet or the files. If these abilities were available, I would have little further need for EAC!

Reply #4
I'm sorry to bump this, but will there be any comment from the developers or a plugin dev. on the possibility of these features?

Reply #5
It's been a few months since I first proposed this, I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution, or a workaround yet. If not, *Bump*

Reply #6
funny - the only 'Media' Player I know which supports CDText is The KMPlayer (beta or meanwhile stable, too)
seams that this is an exotic request 

Reply #7
I also would like to see such feature in foobar2000.

(to fb2k author) Why foobar2000 uses its own format to keep CD track info instead of more wide-spread cdplayer.ini?
The past  was yesterday...

Reply #8
Some Sort of Bumb Here, As I would also like this feature very much.
For those people who programming isn't much of a problem:
the open Source Program called Tiny Player Does the trick. (but ofcourse lacks all the ultra cool foobar features)
Complete source is available there , so I think this can be done easily or a I missing something?

I would love to see the button "Get tags from CD-text" next to ".. from Freedb" , so if anyone sees the challenge, you will be rewarded with a life time CD-text Heroism..

Thanks in Advantage

Reply #9
still no news with cd-text reading
minka niau!

Reply #10
funny - the only 'Media' Player I know which supports CDText is The KMPlayer (beta or meanwhile stable, too)

RealPlayer also reads CD-Text.

+1 for this in Foobar2000

Reply #13

RealPlayer also reads CD-Text.

+1 for this in Foobar2000

More players with CD-text support can be found at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...etadata_support

kind regards, Han