Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replay gain value won't be written into tags correctly. (Read 1917 times) previous topic - next topic

Replay gain value won't be written into tags correctly.

Environment
System: Windows 10 1709 (16299.64)
foobar 2000: v1.3.17

Issue
"Update File Tags" function won't work with DSF format files. The calculation succeed without error but it can't create new tags for replay gain values. It still can't write the values to the tags I create using Mp3tag. But foobar 2000 recognized the values and treated them correctly if I fill in the values manually using Mp3tag.

Reproduce
1. Open an DSF format album using foobar 2000;
2. Select all tracks and right click;
3. Select "ReplayGain - Scan selection as a single album" in the pop up menu;
4. Click "YES" in the dialog box, wait until the calculation finished without error;
5. Click "Update File Tags" button in the result dialog box.

PGP fingeprint: 1FB2F9A5A9079849905D4EECDCCEF8C4DFEA27C8

Re: Replay gain value won't be written into tags correctly.

Reply #1
Which DSF format? You probably mean the DSD / IFF based format? There are two plugins that support DSD files, and neither of them support editing tags, as far as I know.

There is also a DSF/MINIDSF format for Dreamcast emulated audio, but that format supports tag writing, and is not likely to be supported by Mp3tag.

Reply #2
I have plenty of .dsf files that I've ReplayGain tagged and I just tried it with the latest releases of everything and it still works.

I'm using foo_input_sacd-1.0.11 but it's always worked with older versions of foo_input_sacd...

Reply #3
Make sure you don't have foo_input_dsdiff installed, as it also supports DSF files, but it can't tag them.