Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: linux - burn audio cd write offset corrected (Read 2978 times) previous topic - next topic

linux - burn audio cd write offset corrected

cdrecord does not seems to support this feature. therefore, i am curious to know, if there exists a native linux solution for burning audio cds with write offset correction?

Re: linux - burn audio cd write offset corrected

Reply #1
AFAIK, cdparanoia can do accurate rips with write offset. Any libparanoia-based software, for example Rubyripper.
Cdparanoia is said to be relatively slow because EAC uses C2 error detection by default while cdparanoia is using re-reading, but maybe it can be configured to use C2.

Reply #2
thank you for taking time to answer.

please notice, this is about accurately burning cds with the drive's corresponding write offset and not the read offset (for doing rips).

Reply #3
Hello, I am sorry if my reply comes late but, well ... There are posts in this forum concerning your problem (https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,61983.0.html). No writing program on gnu-linux appears to have native support for wrtite-offset, so you have to prepare the wav files using mktoc (https://github.com/cmcginty/mktoc).
Mktoc adds samples to the audio tracks correcting the write offset. You can then use cdrecord or cdrskin or cdrdao to burn the audio-cd.
I hope it helps.
andrea petrucci

Reply #4
yes, i somehow missed this thread. i will have a closer look at mktoc, thanks a lot.

so generally speaking, there is no linux burning tool supporting built in write offset correction? i wonder if including such a routine (in cdrecord f.ex.) would have been a hard task to do after all?

for correcting cues/wavs with mktoc afterwards, you need to know your drives write offset. are you aware of a native tool which is avaiable for this task?

Reply #5
@andreapetrucci: you have pm