Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unable able to repair EAC rip with CUETools (Read 1279 times) previous topic - next topic

Unable able to repair EAC rip with CUETools

Hello,

I have a CD I've been unable to get a perfect rip of.  Track 2 has different test and copy CRCs but the log says the copy was OK.  Track 3 has a suspicious position.  All the other tracks were ripped fine.  The CD is apparently not in the AccurateRip database.  When I try to repair the rip in CUETools it says it's found in the CTDB and all but tracks 2, 3, 22, and 23 say accurately ripped.  Those four tracks say no match.  No repair is done.  Is there anything I can do?  Thanks.

Re: Unable able to repair EAC rip with CUETools

Reply #1
I'd like to see the CUETools verify log results from the original rip but if any "track" in the CTDB section of that log shows "No match" instead of "Differs in ..." then the rip either differs by too many samples to be repaired or no recovery record exists (see edit).

edit: You could also have a different version of the CD than the one in the database. Sometimes they alter a few tracks (e.g. raise the level of quieter tracks) in a later release.
You might try cleaning the CD and re-ripping some of the tracks (making sure the files are named and tagged the same as the originals).
korth