Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .m4p to .mp3? (Read 3535 times) previous topic - next topic

.m4p to .mp3?

hi,

Im about to run a shoutcast server for some friends to listen to but I have some songs that I got off itunes music store that I want to play but winamp can't play them, is there some program I can use to convert it? I tried dbpoweramp but it says I dont have the right codec, I went to the site and downloaded a few codecs but still doesn't work..any ideas?

.m4p to .mp3?

Reply #1
What you are planning on doing is probably illegal. In the Unites States, attempting to cirumvent a system like the DRM on the iTunes songs is illegal. Even if doing so is not illegal in your area, broadcasting them with shoutcast almost certainly is.

Hydrogen Audio has very strict rules about posting information on this sort of thing:
No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!

and from the Terms of Service:
9. Links to copyrighted or illegal material, discussion containing information of how to obtain such material, bypassing protection methodologies of such material or otherwise violating laws pertaining to such matters will not be tolerated

Doing what you want to do would entail bypassing the DRM on the iTunes songs then transcoding to MP3 (with a loss of quality).