Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Few suggestions for some improvements (Read 1008 times) previous topic - next topic

Few suggestions for some improvements

Due to some recent work with some files I've found that it would be nice if foobar had some small changes introduced.

Most important:
- Undo/Redo for file's Properties window. Sometimes I make several steps to achieve proper tagging and I am doing it on multiple files at once. Then I make just one bad "Ctrl+V"  (erroneously replacing some proper values) and... I had to cancel and start over :(  . If for some reason that would be impossible with  Ctrl+Z/Ctrl+Y then just by dedicated "Undo" / "Redo" buttons at the bottom of file's Properties window.
- mass editing of ReplayGain information in similar way as other tags. I mean - OK, let's leave it in separate window named Edit ReplayGain Information (for security reasons), but when there is "<multiple values>" displayed, then I would welcome "Edit" command under right mouse button, as it is available when editing standard tags in Properties window. That would allow a lot easier manual adjusting of RG info for several file at once. Without necessity for clicking each file separately...

Less important:
- channel difference as display option for Spectrogram (for both "Front Only" and "Rear Only" pairs as well as for all active signals downmixed to 2 CH) . I remember that was present in v 0.8 or 0.9.
- if foobar's core allows this: option to display Spectrogram before ReplayGain is applied. If realtime pre-RG signal measurement is not possible, then maybe frequency samples may be "amplified" by number derived from opposite number to actual ReplayGain value used for current processing?

Just repeated:
- number of currently selected tracks in status bar (similarly to "Total time of selection") (I would say that I beg for this)
- adding new variable that would be used for title formatting, related to current ReplayGain mode (something like %replaygain_current_gain_mode%). It is essential especially when ReplayGain's "Source mode" is set to "by playback order". Sometimes volume effects are so strange to me, that I am not sure what RG mode foobar is applying at the moment. It would be also useful for those who intentionally set album/tack or none values, but they tend to change them occasionally or have keyboard shortcuts for various RG modes.

I would be happy to see even clear "no" if something just can not be done due to technical limitations :)

Re: Few suggestions for some improvements

Reply #1
- if foobar's core allows this: option to display Spectrogram before ReplayGain is applied. If realtime pre-RG signal measurement is not possible, then maybe frequency samples may be "amplified" by number derived from opposite number to actual ReplayGain value used for current processing?
I would love to have this one added in. i'm sure this would be helpful for visualisations like milkdrop etc.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
number of currently selected tracks in status bar (similarly to "Total time of selection") (I would say that I beg for this)

Such a quality of life addition would be most welcome.

Reply #3
I got one more convenience suggestion, this time for built in VU and Peak Meters.
- configurable value of display's lower limit. Especially fo VU most of the time scale is just filled in 50-60% and nothing spectacular happens. Configurable lower limit would allow to artificially increase resolution of meter.
- optional grid lines with values displayed (resolution: 10dB switchable to 5dB per plot)