Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiple Requests (Read 1491 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple Requests

preferences > playlist view
--------------------------------------

1) Option to lock grouping scheme as primary sort
Probably what I would like to see the most. Would allow one to sort within whole groups, using the columns in playlist view.

2) addition of 'custom sort'

gui > playlist view
--------------------------

1) Add 'sort by' to right click of column headers
That's where I go to add/remove columns and change grouping scheme, just seems like it would be there.

preferences > album list
----------------------

1) The ability to do this, %<field>%, but for specific single metafields
For example, %artist% is remapped to check artist>album artist>composer>performer. There is no way to get the %<field>% effect, but only for, say $meta(artist).

Multiple Requests

Reply #1
I also like the idea of creating custom sort strings and having access to them in the same menu like columns and groupings: indeed it would be the ideal place as you then could use them also in library search and other parts (converter output) of foobar. In any case all that stuff (grouping, columns, sorting) belongs together and should be reached on the same place. Beside of that also the playlist layout choosing could be removed from the quick setup dialogue.

The opportunity of sorting inside a group i consider as very useful - one of many scenarios: a playlist sorted and grouped by directory and the filenames doesn't contain the tracknumber but the tag - a simple click on tracknumber column would bring the right order.