Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 Crashes (Read 706 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 Crashes

I recently started idling foobar for days at a time.  I noticed that after say 12 hours I would find it consuming %40 CPU resources and close to 4GB of memory.  Later I noticed it would crash.  I was running version 1.3.17 so I decided to update to 1.4.2.  The issue persists.

I renamed all of the .dll files .bac and reinstalled foobar.  Now foobar barely lasts an hour.  I attached a copy of the console log.  I'll make a few more logs and see if there is something in my library causing the problem.

Anyone know what could be the issue?  I wouldn't be surprised if reopening Foobar and letting it scan through would fix the issue.

My music library is about 3.07TB
Dual core AMD Opteron 180
4GB RAM
Windows 7 ultimate SP1 (x64)

Re: Foobar2000 Crashes

Reply #1
If the process runs out of memory it can't do anything but crash. You should not add zip files or any other archives to media library. Scanning them is very slow and consumes a lot of memory. In this case too much.