Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Album Artist" in Meta Data different from "Artist" (Read 1655 times) previous topic - next topic

"Album Artist" in Meta Data different from "Artist"

I am ripping compilation albums with DBP, and it is ripping the correct artist from the album, but then when I check the meta data, it is ripping the title of the labum (ie "Hot 25") for the "Album Artist."

I need to completely get rid of "Album Artist", but I don't see that option in the meta Data options.

"Album Artist" in Meta Data different from "Artist"

Reply #1
I don't use dBpoweramp, but any tag editor should work for fixing-up the tags (metadata) after ripping.

I usually use the tag editor built-into Winamp (which I use for playing audio files).  Mp3tag[/b][/u] (FREE!!!) seems to be very popular.  (Mp3tag works with most audio formats, not just MP3.)

I need to completely get rid of "Album Artist",
Personally,  I use "Various Artists".

P.S.
It's not that unusual to have to edit the tags from 'various artist' CDs.  Sometimes the title & artists tags are mixed up,  and sometimes the title & artist information ends-up in both tags.