Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Excellent resource on digital audio (Read 4380 times) previous topic - next topic

Excellent resource on digital audio

I found a darn good text/summary about digital digital audio, coding, transmission, error correction, etc...

Title: Digital Audio CD and other Selected Digital Technologies
Author: Michael C. McGoodwin
http://www.vgard.net/digitalaudio/digitalaudio.html

For all those who sometimes have problems following some "tech talk" in this board , this might be a good start to catch up knowlege-wise.

The latest chapters are not yet finished, obviously. But the first chapters contain some really good collection of information.

Enjoy.

Reply #1
Digital Audio CD and other Selected Digital Technologies
Based on Principles of Digital Audio, 4th Ed. by Ken C. Pohlmann
and other sources

Hmm... that's the book I bought a couple of months ago. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone interested in the subject.

Reply #2
I'm really interested but it is english and the topics are complicated themselves  Is it woth the money ? almost 60$ here in Germany.

Reply #3
Ben, cant you use Altavista translater to read the site in German

Reply #4
well i can read it. I am capable of the english language 

I was talking about the book

Reply #5
Question for the people who have this book:

Does chapter 10 Perceptual Coding give a very good and detailed anaylis of all the aspects of mp3?  I want more information on the hybrid-filterbank etc... and want to know if this book is worth it....

Maybe MP3 the definitive guide is a better book?

Reply #6
The book doesn't really go into details about how to apply perceptual psychoacoustics. But for things like hybrid filters, there other other sections covering it.