Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .3gp to .mov (Read 4372 times) previous topic - next topic

.3gp to .mov

Hi all,

i need to translate a 3gp/h263 baseline file into a quicktime/h263 baseline file in order to grab some frames with the Java Media Framework on a solaris. I 've been looking through it but i don't know what changes are needed to make in the 3gp file format, any idea, any suggestion, any sample???

Thanks in advance!!
Juan.

.3gp to .mov

Reply #1
hm simply try opening the .3gp in quicktime and pass trough to .mov

dunno if this is possible but i guess the chance that it works is great
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

.3gp to .mov

Reply #2
No it does not work :-) I already tried it, i got a parsing error.

Thanks anyway.

.3gp to .mov

Reply #3
Sorry i didn´t understand your reply at first, i cannot make use of quicktime due to the fact that mu application must run on a solaris machine.

:-(

.3gp to .mov

Reply #4
Open the file in QuickTime, choose File -> Save as... and in the following dialog choose to save as "Self-contained."

The above requires QuickTime Pro. If you have a Windows machine, you may be able to do it using the 3ivx filter suite.

EDIT:

I see you wish to do it on a Solaris machine. FFmpeg will do the trick. Download and compile it, and issue the following command:

ffmpeg -acodec copy -vcodec copy -i infile.3gp outfile.mov