Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mp3 to AAC (Read 6166 times) previous topic - next topic

Mp3 to AAC

hi there, i have just finished ripping about 400 numbers to mp3 and was wondering , is there a program that kan convert mp3 into AAC???

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #1
Along the same lines:
is there a program that kan convert mp3 into MPC???

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #2
i think WMA has one advantage (and *only* one, don't flame me) over other formats - it's difficult to convert it to anything else due to DRM/licensing shit
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #3
I agree 100% with PP

Now, for the other questions: If you want to do MP3->Psytel AAC, the only way would be decoding to Wav first.

If you want to use FAAC, though, you can use the AAC output plugin found at my page. But FAAC quality isn't so great... : /

Anyway, why do you want to convert MP3 to AAC? The quality will certainly get worse.

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #4
well its mainly because i have Liquid player(just got it) and i use it for moving my musik onto my portable mp3-player!!

i can actually have more files on it when they are in aac !!!

btw, i stumbled over this link

http://www.aac-audio.com/press/

interesting i think

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #5
My ripped music is all in WMA Lossless. In order to obtain AAC files playable on my iPod while keeping the tags, the only way I have found to get an acceptable result is to convert these WMA files into MP3-CBR-320 (using DB Poweramp) and then convert the MP3-CBR-320 into AAC at my target bitrate (between 160 and 192). What do sound quality priests say? Is this kocher?

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #6
What do sound quality priests say? Is this kocher?

It's only koSHer if you yourself cannot tell the difference between your re-encoded files sound quality to the original.  Transcoding is something I'd never do, but if you can and can get away with it without caring/noticing a sound difference go nuts.

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #7
Can't you convert directly to aac?
If not use Foobar's diskwriter plugin, write to wav (use option 'write APE V2 wav file header' - Tags are present) and then convert with dbpoweramp (latest release supports apeV2 Headers on wav files) to aac or directly from wma to AAC with foobar.

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #9
You can convert your MP3 files to AAC with Nero as well (just add them to encode box - i.e. extras/file encoding) and select AAC as target codec.

I do not recommend doing so,  you will certainly lose quality because of transcoding.

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #10
My ripped music is all in WMA Lossless. In order to obtain AAC files playable on my iPod while keeping the tags, the only way I have found to get an acceptable result is to convert these WMA files into MP3-CBR-320 (using DB Poweramp) and then convert the MP3-CBR-320 into AAC at my target bitrate (between 160 and 192). What do sound quality priests say? Is this kocher?

Go straight from WMA Lossless to Mp4 with dMC, then if the tags are not recognized it has been reported that using mp3tag to write the comment file of all the mp4 files will let iTunes read the tags (still waiting on Apple to provide a fix, 4 months now?).

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #11
Thanks for the advice, Spoon,  and yes, it works! But ... Mp3tag does not seem to recognize accented characters, replacing them with question marks. Again this Unicode issue we have with DMC's latest iteration?

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #12
That is purely about mp3, for Release 10 I put in code to write mp3 tags as UTF-8, the trouble is very little supports it - so I have had to post fixes and work arounds, the next version will get specific tag options, ie UTF on/off. It would be nice for the world to switch over to Unicode, but for mp3 it will never happen.

mp4 shouldn't have that problem as it is new, everything should really support Unicode from the off.

Mp3 to AAC

Reply #13