Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Input/Other decoders (special format) 64bit (Read 17540 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Input/Other decoders (special format) 64bit

Reply #50
Still same issue with "vgmstream 0.1.0.1" on foobar2000 2.0 beta 17 64-bit.

"Failed to load DLL: foo_input_vgmstream.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000."
It failed because the developer just missed this part of marc2k3's post:
The packaging of the component looks wrong. The archive should only contain an x64 folder if 32bit and 64bit dlls are included. When it's 64bit only, it should go at the root without the folder

Unzip pqyt's vgmstream 0.1.0.1 package from github, extracting the "x64" subfolder;  then make a new zip consisting of just the file content of the x64 folder--NOT the folder itself.  The component will then load into Foobar v2 64-bit without error--I just tried it.

Embarrasing. I admit that I don't test the actual deployment of the component. It's installed in my test setup during the build. It's weird that foobar2000 uses a different strategy to unpack the content of a component when only x64 files are present.

Reply #51

Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000."
The packaging of the component looks wrong. The archive should only contain an x64 folder if 32bit and 64bit dlls are included. When it's 64bit only, it should go at the root without the folder

Unzip pqyt's vgmstream 0.1.0.1 package from github, extracting the "x64" subfolder;  then make a new zip consisting of just the file content of the x64 folder--NOT the folder itself.  The component will then load into Foobar v2 64-bit without error--I just tried it.

I've updated the binary of the v0.1.0.1 release. It should install now without any zip-file hacking.

Reply #52

I've updated the binary of the v0.1.0.1 release. It should install now without any zip-file hacking.
It worked ! except xbox 360 xma. Thank you

Reply #53
EDIT: Fixed

Reply #54

Can you point me to an example that does not work?

Reply #55

Can you point me to an example that does not work?
https://vgm.hcs64.com/?site=xbox
Ex: Xbox Burnout 3: Takedown EATrax files
https://vgm.hcs64.com/?site=x360
Red Dead Redemption \ Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare files

Reply #56
I've tested some format, and here is the result.

Code: [Select]
Platform:  format:  result:                                                                   Game

3DS:     wem:     Unable to open item for playback (Missing ACM codec):                    Metroid Federation Force
PS2:     svag:    Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file): Silent Hill 2
PSP:     at3:     NO SOUND:                                                                Silent Hill Origins
PSP:     oma:     Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file): Silent Hill Origins
Switch:     lopus:   NO SOUND:                                                                Axiom Verge
Xbox 360:   xma:     NO SOUND:                                                                HALO 3 ODST
Xbox 360:   fsb:     NO SOUND:                                                                HALO Combat Evolved Anniversary

all these stream can be found in
hcs64 forum

Reply #57
I've tested some format, and here is the result.

Platform:  format:  result:                                                                   Game

3DS:     wem:     Unable to open item for playback (Missing ACM codec):                    Metroid Federation Force
PS2:     svag:    Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file): Silent Hill 2
PSP:     at3:     NO SOUND:                                                                Silent Hill Origins
PSP:     oma:     Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file): Silent Hill Origins
Switch:     lopus:   NO SOUND:                                                                Axiom Verge
Xbox 360:   xma:     NO SOUND:                                                                HALO 3 ODST
Xbox 360:   fsb:     NO SOUND:                                                                HALO Combat Evolved Anniversary

all these stream can be found in
hcs64 forum

Thx. I tracked the Xbox 360 EAS problem down to the ffmpeg renderer that vgmstream uses. The sample buffer is never updated and hence produces no sound. The 'native' codecs seem to work though. Got some debugging to do.

Reply #58
foo_input_vgmstream is a component for playing streamed (prerecorded) video game audio.

This is a re-compiled version of the foobar2000 component that is included in the vgmstream project. This version:

• Fixed the ffmpeg interface

This build plays all the test samples submitted to the forum.

Component identification should be "VGMStream Player 0.1.0.2"

Download available on the Releases page.

Merry Christmas

Reply #59
foo_input_vgmstream is a component for playing streamed (prerecorded) video game audio.

This is a re-compiled version of the foobar2000 component that is included in the vgmstream project. This version:

Merry Christmas

Many thanks to you, pqyt.
tested again, all worked well except the wem format. the error message is gone but NO SOUND.

Reply #60

Merry Christmas

tested again, all worked well except the wem format. the error message is gone but NO SOUND.

Do you have an example of a wem file?

Reply #61

Merry Christmas

Do you have an example of a wem file?

Never mind. I misread your post. The Metroid .wem files play just fine on my system.

Reply #62
for example
3DS: Metroid Prime Federation Force: streamedfiles 00052.wem
3DS: Metroid Prime Blast Ball: blastballeshop 00162.wem
and all other wem play NO SOUND

btw: original kode54's component can't play wem too, says 'Unable to open item for playback (Missing ACM codec)'
maybe an old issue in original code.

Reply #63
for example

btw: original kode54's component can't play wem too, says 'Unable to open item for playback (Missing ACM codec)'
for example

The only explanation I have is that the archives changed content over time. I tried the following ones and they do not contain the files you mention. All the other files play just fine:

Metroid - Samus Returns (2017-09-15)(Mercury Steam)(Nintendo)[3DS].7z
Metroid Prime - Blast Ball (2016-07-21)(Next Level)(Nintendo)[3DS].7z
Metroid Prime - Federation Force (2016-08-19)(Next Level Games)(Nintendo)[3DS].7z

Reply #64
for example

for example

The only explanation I have is that the archives changed content over time. I tried the following ones and they do not contain the files you mention. All the other files play just fine:

Metroid - Samus Returns (2017-09-15)(Mercury Steam)(Nintendo)[3DS].7z
Metroid Prime - Blast Ball (2016-07-21)(Next Level)(Nintendo)[3DS].7z
Metroid Prime - Federation Force (2016-08-19)(Next Level Games)(Nintendo)[3DS].7z

Thanks for remind me of archives updates.
you're right. it's the problem about wem files I have. maybe bad dump.

Reply #65

• Added x86 version for foobar2000 v2.0.
  • Added support for dark mode.
  • Cleaned up the preference page a little bit.
  • Switched to a clean ffmpeg 4.4.1 build using vcpkg.
  • Converted libatrac9 to a link library.

Component identification is "VGMStream Player 1.0.0.0".

Download available on the GitHub Releases page and the foobar2000 component repository.

Reply #66

Download available on the GitHub Releases page and the foobar2000 component repository.
Great work. Happy New Year.

Reply #67

Dear pqyt.
There is a small glitch when I "Get updates" from component repo.
It keeps reminds me New version 'v1.0.0.0' while I'm already in 1.0.0.0

Reply #68
Dear pqyt.
There is a small glitch when I "Get updates" from component repo.
It keeps reminds me New version 'v1.0.0.0' while I'm already in 1.0.0.0

Weird. There's nothing I can do about it. I put a version resource in my components but most don't. So foobar2000 must use a different mechanism to detect updates.

@peter, can you shed some light on this, please?

Reply #69
Your component version looks fine - looks like it's the v prefix on the website causing issues.

BTW, this is the macro typically used inside components for declaring the version...

https://github.com/marc2k3/foobar2000-sdk-2/blob/6d46283a0c7c2a5537c5454fc25888defef9fa5f/foobar2000/SDK/componentversion.h#L49-L62

Reply #70
Your component version looks fine - looks like it's the v prefix on the website causing issues.

BTW, this is the macro typically used inside components for declaring the version...

https://github.com/marc2k3/foobar2000-sdk-2/blob/6d46283a0c7c2a5537c5454fc25888defef9fa5f/foobar2000/SDK/componentversion.h#L49-L62

That's the macro I always use. I'll update the component registration on the website.

Reply #71
Hello, pqyt.
glad to see VGMStream Player v1.1.0.0 released.
There's a small problem on component's repo,
Supported processor architecture: x86 32-bit
foobar2000 v2.0 x64 can not update this component online.
manual install/update is ok.

Reply #72
I noticed that too. Those architectures are detected during upload of the component by the portal. It's not something I can configure. I think @Peter is aware of the bug.

I'll try removing and uploading again.

Update: re-uploading did the trick.

Reply #73
vgmstream plugin r1810-120-g36f4dfea (foo_input_vgmstream) (2023-02-13) 32/64bit fb2k v2.0 Support
https://vgmstream.org/ (nightly build)
Home: https://github.com/vgmstream/vgmstream
 ・Add foo_input_vgmstream x64 SDK + automated build (2023-02-12)
 ・usage guide: https://github.com/vgmstream/vgmstream/blob/master/doc/USAGE.md#foo_input_vgmstream-foobar2000-plugin
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #74
 glad to see x64 is out. :))  :))  :))