Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC and Cuetools problem (Read 1438 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC and Cuetools problem

Hello, long time reader, new poster here!
I have been using EAC 1.6 with default Cuetools plugin for a long time and erverytime I ripped a CD at the end in the status log file, right after the line "End of status report" it also showed a "---- CUETools DB Plugin V2.1.6" report where it compared the rip against CUETools database but yesterday I tried to update Cuetools to 2.2 version and now CUETools DB Plugin doesn't trigger I have restarted, rebooted the PC... Nothing works and it get worse because after uninstalling and reinstalling EAC default V2.1.6 doesn't work too, there is no way to get CUETools working even in a fresh EAC Installation with default CUETools plugin.

Please help me I'm a bit desperate now!

PS: I have tried to restart EAC and PC, Uninstall EAC and reinstall it with default CUETools, I have also deleted appdata\roaming\EAC folder

Re: EAC and Cuetools problem

Reply #1
Check if you still meet the Microsoft .NET prerequisites http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools_Download
It may be a recent windows update silently deinstalled older parts.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #2
PS: I have tried to restart EAC and PC, Uninstall EAC and reinstall it with default CUETools, I have also deleted appdata\roaming\EAC folder
EAC's settings are stored in the Windows Registry under
Code: [Select]
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AWSoftware
which should be cleared with a proper uninstall.

Check that the plugin is enabled (checked) in EAC Options > Audio Plugins

The plugin will not compare a rip with this unchecked.
When unchecked, the setting is stored in the Windows Registry under
Code: [Select]
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AWSoftware\EACU\Extraction Options\ExcludedTransferPlugins

Also remember the plugin only adds the results section on full CD rips. It is not added if you rip one or two tracks only.
korth

Reply #3
Thanks Korth! I had to manually remove the registry entry because the uninstaller didn't remove it at all. Problem solved.