Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme (Read 166760 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #425
@WarZard-X,

- Added option to show or hide index numbers in the playlist in top menu Options > Playlist > Track row > Show index numbers

Updated the download link, get it from here.

-TT

Reply #426
@WarZard-X,

- Added option to show or hide index numbers in the playlist in top menu Options > Playlist > Track row > Show index numbers

Updated the download link, get it from here.

-TT
Thank you, will test it. This theme is so fantastic! Using "reborn" theme with "blend" style. That looks so f*** awesome!

Reply #427
Hello

I am impressed how everything works perfectly.
Ca art is perfectly centered with the album cover, stretching, enlarging the size perfectly for me.
The transparency option has been perfectly refined.
There is an abundance of motives, everyone will certainly find something for themselves.
My favorite basic theme is black, white, cream, neon green and gold.
As for the styles, at the moment it's hard for me to decide, I'm playing with it and every now and then a different style catches my eye.
I noticed that some themes, especially white and cream, change completely when decreasing the brightness value%.
In turn, with the theme black setting, if you want to reduce / darken the color in the brightness% option, the image cannot be darkened.
As I can see you've added Options> Playlist> Track row> Show track numbers.
Is it possible in the options to also hide the track number that appears on the progress bar in front of the track / artist name.

Thank you very much for an excellent job.

Reply #428
Hey TT, I am confused on what has happened to my player, any time I close foobar and open it again my library view gets reset & zoomed out. and even when I try to zoom it in messing with the layout metrics this is the farthest I can get zoomed in wise: https://ibb.co/850vNvM
(this is how it looks if I close and re open the foobar app. It zooms right back out again https://ibb.co/Rvscb2Q)

I swear it wasn't always like this and it would keep my layout metrics saved but recently within the past 2 days its been acting up, I'm coming here a broken man lol idk how to fix it at all & wouldn't be using foobar if your theme didn't exist. What can I do to get my library having 4-6 albums on a row instead of 10+ and having it save / not auto reset anytime I close and re-open foobar?

My player size is large & my album art thumbnail size is large, I also noticed the layout metrics auto reset any time I mess with the resolution of my player too if there's a way to stop that it would be top shelf. Thanks again for all the work you put in literally the goat of foobar2000.

Reply #429
@naraganset,
hiding the track number in the lower bar and in Details will be available in the next beta version.

@rawdog00,
I don't know how you "zoom in" in the album art mode, but there should be no problem if top menu
Options > Library > Album art > Thumbnail size is "Large" and not "Auto". When "Auto (default)" is active,
it will automatically resize the album art thumbnails based on player size. It should also save settings upon
next reload/start.

I also don't know which Georgia-ReBORN version ( from the Beta thread? ) you're using
and what your desktop resolution/player size is.

-TT

Reply #430
Is there any kind of a tutorial for getting this to look nice on Linux? I'm using Mordred's version now, but I can't get the fonts to work.

Reply #431
Hmm that's weird. I'm using the latest update put on the github (version 2.0.3), my desktop resolution/player size is "Large" and my thumbnail size is "Large".

Zoom in isn't probably the right way to put it, I was just wondering how to get my library view back to 5-6 albums in a row instead of being "zoomed out" and having 10+ albums in one row. The only way i've figured out how to get it back to 5-6 albums in a row is messing with Panel Settings > Display > Layout Metrics but the settings reset to default after I reload/restart foobar.

Reply #432
Hmm that's weird. I'm using the latest update put on the github (version 2.0.3), my desktop resolution/player size is "Large" and my thumbnail size is "Large".

Zoom in isn't probably the right way to put it, I was just wondering how to get my library view back to 5-6 albums in a row instead of being "zoomed out" and having 10+ albums in one row. The only way i've figured out how to get it back to 5-6 albums in a row is messing with Panel Settings > Display > Layout Metrics but the settings reset to default after I reload/restart foobar.

If I understand you correctly, go to Options> Font size> Playlist or Library there you can change the size of pixels and rows.

Reply #433
Is there any kind of a tutorial for getting this to look nice on Linux? I'm using Mordred's version now, but I can't get the fonts to work.

Hi @NewLeaf42,
Mordred's original Georgia theme has some incompatibilities when using it on Linux/Wine.
Georgia-ReBORN has some modifications so it can run, when you download the latest Georgia-ReBORN from the Beta thread
it contains Linux fonts that need to be installed in $HOME/.local/share/fonts directory ( your user home directory, hidden local folder ).
You need to install for your WINEPREFIX GDI+ and to use the Biography WSH57 and MDAC28 see this Winecfg.
Also check the terminal commands in the screenshots.

@rawdog00,
It seems I've implemented a guard setting that resets the node zoom back to 100%.
Don't worry, in the next and last Beta update that will be released as always in the Beta thread will contain 3 additional album art thumbnail sizes.
I'll let you know when it's released so you can use it then.

-TT

Reply #434
 Witam 

@TT

You never stop with new ideas :))

Reply #435
You are the best tysm !

Reply #436
Hello TT thanks for you nice work!
I found in the georgia-reborn/images/misc folder HD Logos for Hires Audio.
when i play DSD or Hires PCM Files nothing show these Logos.

How i can aktivate or enable this Logos?

And a other problem the CD Spinning is laggy in the stock Georgia skin the cd animation works realy smooth.

Sorry for my bad english

greetings

Reply #437
Hi @eracer,

You can activate the HiRes logos in top menu Options > Player controls > Show hi-res audio badge on album cover.
If audio source is higher than 16 bits, it will show the hi-res logo if the option is activated.

And a other problem the CD Spinning is laggy in the stock Georgia skin the cd animation works realy smooth.

Are you using default settings for the disc art?
Top menu Options > Details > Disc art > Rotation images > 60
Top menu Options > Details > Disc art > Spinning disc art redraw speed > 75 ms

Performance should be the same, if not using the very CPU hungry album art opacity features...

-TT

Reply #438
Hello TT thanks for your fast answer.

I Found the settings for HI-Res Icons but the icons shows only  when play Hire .flac Files wenn i play DSD "DSF or DFF" Files nothing show these icons.

Reply #439
I took a closer look and updated the code, this should work fine in the next update Beta 10.
If you can't wait right now, you can open gr-main.js and go to line 561:

Code: [Select]
if (pref.showHiResAudioBadge && pref.layout !== 'compact' && Number($('$info(bitspersample)', fb.GetNowPlaying())) > 16) {

change to

if (pref.showHiResAudioBadge && pref.layout !== 'compact' && (Number($('$info(bitspersample)', fb.GetNowPlaying())) > 16 || Number($('$info(bitrate)', fb.GetNowPlaying())) > 1411)) {

-TT

Reply #440
Hello 

@TT

Great idea with this HI-Res icon. What would you say about the idea of showing graphically with an icon what file is currently playing, flac, ape, alac, mp3 etc.

Regards

Reply #441
I took a closer look and updated the code, this should work fine in the next update Beta 10.
If you can't wait right now, you can open gr-main.js and go to line 561:

if (pref.showHiResAudioBadge && pref.layout !== 'compact' && Number($('$info(bitspersample)', fb.GetNowPlaying())) > 16) {

change to

if (pref.showHiResAudioBadge && pref.layout !== 'compact' && (Number($('$info(bitspersample)', fb.GetNowPlaying())) > 16 || Number($('$info(bitrate)', fb.GetNowPlaying())) > 1411)) {

-TT

nice it works!! it was in line 541.

greetings

Reply #442
Hello 

@TT

Great idea with this HI-Res icon. What would you say about the idea of showing graphically with an icon what file is currently playing, flac, ape, alac, mp3 etc.

Regards

Hi @naraganset,

The idea is good but also a gimmick =) . There is absolutely no more space for additional icons/logos etc...
The only space that I could accept would be an entry in Details with a small logo...

-TT

Reply #443

Hi @NewLeaf42,
Mordred's original Georgia theme has some incompatibilities when using it on Linux/Wine.
Georgia-ReBORN has some modifications so it can run, when you download the latest Georgia-ReBORN from the Beta thread
it contains Linux fonts that need to be installed in $HOME/.local/share/fonts directory ( your user home directory, hidden local folder ).
You need to install for your WINEPREFIX GDI+ and to use the Biography WSH57 and MDAC28 see this Winecfg.
Also check the terminal commands in the screenshots.
Let me see if I understand: I made a new Wine prefix like yours titled "foobar2000_biography." I installed GDIPlus, mdac28 and wsh57. I made my Winecfg overrides look exactly the way it did in the screenshot. Here is what I get when I input that same command in the screenshot to the terminal:

Georgia ReBORN seems to open and operate fine, but I'm getting font errors even though I placed them all into the folder, as directed. This is what my console says:

UI Hacks: running under wine-7.19, on Linux / 5.15.0-52-generic
UI Hacks: DLL-hijacking failed
UI Hacks: hooks status 0x5b8000
Components loaded in: 0:00.107188
Configuration read in: 0:00.014459
foobar2000 v1.6.13 [portable]
Shell hook registration failure: 0
Columns UI detected that the UI Hacks (foo_ui_hacks) component is installed. UI Hacks interferes with normal Columns UI operation and should be uninstalled to avoid problems.
Watching: Z:\home\anon\hdd-wd-blue-rz\Music
Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.2-dev+7c0928bf ({04620F16-1878-47A1-8EFE-0CE0B99566CC}: Georgia-ReBORN v2.3.0 by TT): initialized in 4 ms
User Interface initialized in: 0:00.961139
FFmpeg version: 4.4.1
foo_enhanced_playcount: loaded
Startup time : 0:01.925753

Error: Font "HelveticaNeueLT Pro 65 Md" was not found.
Please install it from the fonts folder or if you use custom theme fonts, use the correct font name / font family name.

Please install it from the fonts folder or if you use custom theme fonts, use the correct font name / font family name.

Error: Font "HelveticaNeueLT Pro 55 Roman" was not found.
initMain()
in on_size() => width: 2800, height: 1720
Playlist initialized in 0ms
Library Tree: Spider Monkey Panel is unable to use your default font. Using Segoe UI at default size & style instead
Biography: Spider Monkey Panel is unable to use your default font. Using Segoe UI at default size & style instead
Georgia-ReBORN loaded in 5673ms
Library Tree: Spider Monkey Panel is unable to use your default font. Using Segoe UI at default size & style instead
Biography: Spider Monkey Panel is unable to use your default font. Using Segoe UI at default size & style instead

I did a lot of messing around with fonts when I was trying to get Mordred's Georgia to work, and I'm wondering if there is some way I can reset all of the fonts in GNOME back to default settings - maybe I have conflicting fonts. I am using Ubuntu 22.04

Reply #445
Putting them in the .fonts folder in $HOME did nothing for me and now it seems like it just crashes after a couple of minutes anyway. I think there might be some problems with loading some of the artist names in my media library. I have a huge collection with some CJK lettering in the metadata as well as Unicode

Reply #446
The technique is sound, I know my own scripts which require FontAwseome use it successfully.

If fonts provided for use with theme don't work, that's a WINE issue which no script author or even the developer of Spider Monkey panel can do anything about.

Reply #447
 :)

Reply #448
The idea is good but also a gimmick =) . There is absolutely no more space for additional icons/logos etc...
The only space that I could accept would be an entry in Details with a small logo...

Hello

@TT

Fact, you are right, it's hard to find a place for another icon / logo so as not to disturb the graphic design.
However, the place you found, as long as you intend to implement the idea, is very good.

Regards

Reply #449
@NewLeaf42,

did you install the Linux fonts and not Windows fonts?
If the fonts are not installed correctly, you will get a popup message when you start foobar:

'Georgia-ReBORN WAS UNABLE TO LOAD SOME FONTS'
'Be sure all fonts from foobar2000\profile\georgia-reborn\fonts are correctly installed in these directories:
'For Windows: C:\Windows\fonts\ For Linux: /usr/share/fonts or ~/.local/share/fonts
'If you use custom fonts, all your custom fonts need to have the exact font name / font family name in your
'foobar\profile\georgia-reborn\georgia-reborn-config.jsonc config file.
'You can also check foobar's console ( Top menu > View > Console ), it will show font errors with its wrong font names.'

If there is no popup, check top menu Options > Help > Georgia-ReBORN theme status > All fonts installed ( checked )

If some fonts are missing try this:

1. Rename the folder:
foobar2000/profile/georgia-reborn/fonts/Linux Fonts 
to
foobar2000/profile/georgia-reborn/fonts/fonts
2. Open the terminal in foobar2000/profile/georgia-reborn/fonts/fonts

3. Use these commands:
mkdir -p $HOME/.fonts
mkdir -p $HOME/.local/share/fonts
cp *.ttf $HOME/.local/share/fonts   // copies all fonts to user fonts dir
cp *.ttf $HOME/.fonts  // deprecated method, but works on old distros
sudo cp *.ttf /usr/share/fonts  // if those two do not work, copies fonts as root for all user ( system wide )

Now check if the fonts are in the new created dirs or just drag and drop the fonts there.

Finally clear your fonts cache:
sudo fc-cache -f -v

-TT