Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: About Pro DAW (Read 3130 times) previous topic - next topic

About Pro DAW

What DAW software Hollywood studios (like Universal) use to make songs?
I know for example:
For video editing: Media Composer
For color correction: DaVinci
For effect: After Effects
For image editing (also game developers): Photoshop
etc.

Re: About Pro DAW

Reply #1
Depends on the studio and requirements. Generally I would have said Avid Pro Tools, but that's fallen out of favour in recent years. Logic is what I see most often now (although as an engineer you'd be expected to manage any DAW the client wanted to use really)

Reply #2
Thanks for reply, for example do you know what DAW Universal studios uses for making songs? For movies Universal uses Pro Tools.

Reply #3
The only thing I've heard of as a "standard" is Pro Tools.     I assume ever "big studio" has it but I'm not sure how much music is recorded in "real" recording studios these days.     Beyond Pro Tools the market seems very fragmented.

Google found this which says, "From our research, we concluded that most professional studios still use Avid Pro Tools as their DAW of choice, being used by producers on 65% of the top 100 albums from the past 10 years.."

Reply #4
Thanks for reply, for example do you know what DAW Universal studios uses for making songs? For movies Universal uses Pro Tools.

I'm sorry, I do not. Music making is such a diverse discipline now that I would be surprised if only a single DAW is used in a large production.

What's driving this question? Are you looking to develop a skill in one of the DAWs?

(edit, I'll add that I know some of the score for The Revenant was done in Logic)

Reply #5

I'm sorry, I do not. Music making is such a diverse discipline now that I would be surprised if only a single DAW is used in a large production.

What's driving this question? Are you looking to develop a skill in one of the DAWs?

(edit, I'll add that I know some of the score for The Revenant was done in Logic)

The answer is simple: I use MS Office for docs, Adobe Acrobat for PDF, Photoshop for image & Media Composer for video.
Now I know that Pro Tools is used in most of Hollywood studios.
Thanks for reply friends.

Reply #6
OK guys, what about pro audio editor standard software in USA?

Reply #7
You can search for open positions/jobs. Just saw this one on UMG.
https://jobs.jobvite.com/universalmusicgroup/job/ozcsgfwd

Position proficiency in Digital Audio Workstations (ProTools, Cubase, Nuendo or similar professional audio workstations)
gold plated toslink fan