Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_mpv - Video Player component based on mpv (Read 36592 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_mpv - Video Player component based on mpv

Reply #25
@sammoth
Thank you for listening to the requests!
I did as I wanted with the aspect ratio, thanks.
Sorry for my bad English.

And I completely forgot one more small request) if it is possible of course.
In full-screen video mode, is it possible to make the previous / next track switching area on the sides of the window as in the screenshot. It will be very convenient to switch tracks on touch screens.

Reply #26
And another moment when embedding a window in CUI, there is a frame around the window, is it possible to remove or disable it?

I released a fix for this

In full-screen video mode, is it possible to make the previous / next track switching area on the sides of the window as in the screenshot. It will be very convenient to switch tracks on touch screens.

I am still thinking about how to approach more input options, but I'll keep touch screens in mind.

Reply #27
But is that the start of the log? Normally there would be some information before, like 'mpv: Loading item...'. Did you start playback in that test by just double clicking a file or pressing play in foobar?
You are right, the log information was incomplete.
The attachment is now updated.
Started playback a file by pressing Play.

Reply #28
You are right, the log information was incomplete.
The attachment is now updated.
Started playback a file by pressing Play.

Thank you, I think I can work out the issue now

Reply #29
And another moment when embedding a window in CUI, there is a frame around the window, is it possible to remove or disable it?

I released a fix for this

I am still thinking about how to approach more input options, but I'll keep touch screens in mind.
Thank you.

Sometimes the video doesn't pause.
The audio track is paused(foobar2000 is paused) and the video continues to run. I don't know how to reproduce this yet, it happens somehow randomly.

Reply #30
Sometimes the video doesn't pause.
The audio track is paused(foobar2000 is paused) and the video continues to run. I don't know how to reproduce this yet, it happens somehow randomly.

Thank you for reporting, I can reproduce this by unpausing and pausing quickly in succession.

Reply #32
Please test the behavior of the component when using Skip Track.
When the bookmark is triggered, the video is paused and the audio playback continues.

Reply #33
Please test the behavior of the component when using Skip Track.
When the bookmark is triggered, the video is paused and the audio playback continues.

Thanks, fixed in the next version

Reply #34
New release:

- Thumbnail support, thumbnails will be generated as album art if enabled. The thumbnails will be generated for any grouping, so it is not as strict as the normal album art reader about a group having only one image. You can have thumbnails for individual tracks and groups at the same time. Like this:

- Thumbnails are cached in a SQLite db in the the profile directory
- You can limit thumbnail generation to certain files using foobar search query syntax
- You can choose a thumbnail from a video manually (right click->Utilities->Choose Thumbnail). The chosen thumbnail should usually be generated correctly but sometimes a slightly different timestamp may be chosen if the video has broken timestamps, broken index, or for some other reason mpv's timestamps don't agree with those I get from ffmpeg. Note that generating a custom thumbnail the first time is much slower (until it's cached)
- There is an option to search for 'good' thumbnails automatically instead of just choosing a certain time. The algorithm isn't very smart and it's quite slow, but it may avoid choosing entirely black or white frames. Sometimes it seems to choose worse frames though, in particular it likes to choose frames which were incorrectly decoded and have lots of noise
- Option to choose how the video frame moves between panels
- Some syncing bugs are fixed
- Fixed some incompatibilities with foo_skip component
- Fixed some issuses with pause state being set incorrectly

Download (choose the fb2k-component file)

Reply #35
I just wanted to thank you for the thumbnail feature.  It works great with Facets.  Before, if I wanted thumbnails, I had to open an explorer window and play the video in an external player.  Now I can do it all in Foobar.  And the ability to create your own thumbnail is fantastic.

Reply #36
@sammoth,
- probably you need to slightly correct the behavior of the component when processing thumbnails.
After the thumbnail is generated, it should continue to be displayed even if the "Generate video thumbnail as artwork " option is disabled. Otherwise, the "Remove custom thumbnail..." option is not work since the thumbnail is displayed again after deletion.
- it looks like the "Cover type to provide" option is always set to the "All" mode.
- the display of the contents of the component settings window on the right needs to be corrected (see the picture). For a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080.

- I suggest for future releases to add the ability to switch the audio track.

Thank you very much for your component!

Reply #37
Thank you for your feedback,

- probably you need to slightly correct the behavior of the component when processing thumbnails.
After the thumbnail is generated, it should continue to be displayed even if the "Generate video thumbnail as artwork " option is disabled. Otherwise, the "Remove custom thumbnail..." option is not work since the thumbnail is displayed again after deletion.

Hmm, maybe I do not understand the problem but I think this is working as intended for me. If "Generate video thumbnail as artwork" is disabled, we don't check the cache for existing images because the feature is completely disabled. Maybe I should rename the option to make it more clear. This is intentional because it means there won't be any extra load or slowdown looking for thumbnails for people who want to use the video player feature only.

If you use "Remove custom thumbnail time" while thumbnails are disabled, it still deletes the custom set time, and the default thumbnail will be rengenerated once thumbnails are re-enabled. Are you seeing something different?

- it looks like the "Cover type to provide" option is always set to the "All" mode.
- the display of the contents of the component settings window on the right needs to be corrected (see the picture). For a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Yes I can reproduce these.

- I suggest for future releases to add the ability to switch the audio track.

This can only be implemented in foobar, it is not possible in my component as I am not decoding the audio. However, for MKV files, if you are using foobar's native MKV decoder, you can switch the audio track by right clicking on a file, Utilities->Select stream. Many types of file can be converted to MKV without loss of quality using  MKVToolNix, so you can potentially remux your files with multi-track audio to MKV to allow changing audio track.

Reply #38
However, for MKV files, if you are using foobar's native MKV decoder, you can switch the audio track by right clicking on a file, Utilities->Select stream.
Actually, this works with foo_input_ffmpeg too and not only for mkv.

Reply #39
del

Reply #40
If you use "Remove custom thumbnail time" while thumbnails are disabled, it still deletes the custom set time, and the default thumbnail will be rengenerated once thumbnails are re-enabled. Are you seeing something different?
You're right. I really misunderstood this feature and was hasty with a comment, sorry.
This can only be implemented in foobar, it is not possible in my component as I am not decoding the audio. However, for MKV files, if you are using foobar's native MKV decoder, you can switch the audio track by right clicking on a file, Utilities->Select stream.
Yes, this method would be convenient for me. But for some unknown reason, I cannot select an alternative audio stream. Although my mkv video file has two audio tracks.

Reply #41
Yes, this method would be convenient for me. But for some unknown reason, I cannot select an alternative audio stream. Although my mkv video file has two audio tracks.

I'm not sure what could cause it not to work, maybe ask on the core Support forum. That aspect is completely handled by the core decoder components, so if it's not showing all the streams that sounds like a bug.

You're right. I really misunderstood this feature and was hasty with a comment, sorry.

No problem! I have changed the name of the preference so it's a bit less confusing.

Reply #42
Not play: Opening track for playback: "E:\Movies\Ded.2012.XviD.IPTVRip.Files-x.avi"
Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
"E:\Movies\Ded.2012.XviD.IPTVRip.Files-x.avi"
Opening track for playback: "E:\Movies\Иди и смотри.1985.mkv" / index: 15
Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported audio track format):
"E:\Movies\Иди и смотри.1985.mkv" / index: 15

Reply #43
Not play: Opening track for playback: "E:\Movies\Ded.2012.XviD.IPTVRip.Files-x.avi"
For avi you need foo_input_ffmpeg. What audio format in mkv: ac3, dts? Install decoders for them or use foo_input_ffmpeg also for mkv.

Reply #44
Small update with some of the above bugs fixed

Reply #45
For avi you need foo_input_ffmpeg. What audio format in mkv: ac3, dts? Install decoders for them or use foo_input_ffmpeg also for mkv.
Огромное спасибо. Дошло ))

Reply #46
Thank you for your hard work!
The YouTube Source component perfectly copes with all the tasks set for viewing content from YouTube, but it is very bad at syncing audio and video when viewing from other sources.I use Foobar2000 to view m3u8 IPTV playlists.If you implement synchronization for HLS in your component in the future, it will be fantastic!
YouTube Music

Reply #47
I use Foobar2000 to view m3u8 IPTV playlists.If you implement synchronization for HLS in your component in the future, it will be fantastic!

I think this probably isn't possible to do unfortunately. The youtube component works quite differently because it inserts itself as the decoder/input for both audio and video, so it can synchronise everything even when it is a live stream. This component has mpv read the file separately, so it might not be possible to synchronise with foobar.

However, I can have a look. Do you have an example m3u8 playlist, or somewhere I can find one?

Reply #48
Small update with some of the above bugs fixed
confirmed.

However, I can have a look. Do you have an example m3u8 playlist, or somewhere I can find one?
For example these:

Code: [Select]
http://wma10.fluidstream.net/CompanyTV/_definst_/mp4:livestream_720p/playlist.m3u8
http://bitcdn-kronehit.bitmovin.com/v2/hls/chunklist_b3128000.m3u8

Reply #49
[/quote]
YouTube Music