Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: De-emphasis components (Read 76660 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: De-emphasis components

Reply #126
Does anyone here know why mudlord's foo_dsp_deemph component is not available on the Foorbar2000 components webpage anymore?

Because I thought lvqcl's stuff completely replaces it :/
Thanks for the reply!

Sounds like one more reason to try and get lvqcl's plugin into the official components' list.

Reply #127
Ok, I learned something new today.  I've been using fb2k for years, but just very rudimentarily.  (Just to play CDs, or MP3 or FLAC files burned to CD-Rs.)  I finally wanted to figure out how to deemphasize properly.

I just figured out, that it doesn't work on the fly.  I mean, I play a song right now, and I add the tag and value, deemphasis won't start until I *replay* the song.  Duh.  This is very cool though, I'm using the dsp_deemph version, because I play MP3 sometimes ...  :)

Reply #128
Any chance of FB V2.x  32/64 compliant versions? (please)

Reply #129
Until we get a proper compile fromlvqcl I got a friend to do this plain x64 compile with no alterations done. 

Reply #130
Could foo_deemph be made to read 'FLAGS PRE' that already exist in my EAC/Cueripper cue sheets. I ask because I don't believe it is possible for foobar to read 'PRE-EMPHASIS' tag from an external cue sheet, eg, 'REM PRE_EMPHASIS yes'.

I also think it would be great if de-emphasis turned on automatically for tracks with PRE flag set in cuesheet. Would this be difficult to implement?
Is the main issue for the implementation of flag based auto de-emphasis that components cannot easily (or at all) read per-track FLAGS in cuesheet?