Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "a novelty, or an effort towards meditative stability?" (Read 2221 times) previous topic - next topic

"a novelty, or an effort towards meditative stability?"

Reply #1
This is so wrong...
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Reply #2
This Bluetooth disc turns any MP3 into a vinyl record, and it sounds like the real McCoy
It's not hard to get something to sound worse than before.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #3
Technically interesting, philosophically dubious.

Reply #4
Notice how the device is much thicker than an LP. This means the VTA will be wrong, and as we all know, correct VTA is critical for acceptable vinyl performance. Clearly it can only work on a turntable with adjustable arm height. 

Reply #5
The video shows a lovely combination:
Walkman -> external Bluetooth encoder -> vinyl transducer = combined artifacts of three generations. Genius.

Reply #6
...guaranteed to please many a steampunker out there.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #7
Steampunk is more like an alternative history mixing retro-futuristic elements into the Industrial Revolution era. This turntable thing is pure 2015 hipster.

Not to say that the guy who made it is a hipster, I'm sure it was an interesting project to work on and he seems to be approaching it with the attitude and intentions of an inventor. But I wonder how long it will be before this goes on sale somewhere for a couple hundred dollars? Hopefully he's filed a patent.

Reply #8
Hahaha, this is brilliant.
"I hear it when I see it."