Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000 (Read 141338 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000

Reply #275
News
New version released ( v2.7.9 ).
The left mouse button can be used for drawing straight lines. The right mouse button is not used any more to comply with the VST3 standard.

Reply #276
Nice one, thanks!

Any particular update instructions? Do you need to uninstall the older version first or anything?

Reply #277
Nice one, thanks!

Any particular update instructions? Do you need to uninstall the older version first or anything?
You don't need to uninstall the old version. The instruction is located inside the foo_room_eq.zip file.

Reply #278
News
New version released ( v2.8.0 ).
Some changes are made to ensure compatibility with future versions of Windows.
New feature: Room EQ works as a simple conventional mouse drawing EQ if necessary: just load the simple_eq.snr preset and mouse draw any EQ curve you want.

Reply #279
Fantastic...

Many thanks!
:))

Reply #280
foo_room_eq version:
MathAudio Room EQ 2.7.9 (foo_room_eq) (2022-02-09) ?
https://mathaudio.com/download.htm
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #281
Have tried to update several times and after update Foobar still shows version 2.7.9.

Any ideas?

Reply #282
Have tried to update several times and after update Foobar still shows version 2.7.9.
Any ideas?
Oh, sorry, the Windows versions were not updated on the web site. I've just updated them. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reply #283
Still coming up with 2.7.9 for some reason...
Any ideas?

Reply #285
Hate to say it, but still shows 2.7.9...

Has anyone managed to get 2.8?

Reply #287
Weird. Doesn't work for me. Have tried several times with that link. Tried uninstalling first too. No luck.

Very strange indeed.

Reply #288
Try to clear your browser cache or use a different browser (?)

Reply #289
Weird. Doesn't work for me. Have tried several times with that link. Tried uninstalling first too. No luck.
Very strange indeed.
Calculate the hash of the downloaded file and compare it with the correct hash:
SHA1:  c452cbab5e24bb55375498af3cb750eca02cf866
MD5:  c7e4364c33f60b6767f099cf943bd65f
CRC32:  fc63ea39

If the hash is correct then the file is correct.
SHA1 can be calculated as follows: copy the downloaded foo_room_eq.zip file to C:\ directory and run the Windows command
certutil -hashfile “C:\foo_room_eq.zip” sha1

Reply #290
Cleared my browsers cache and it worked!

Many thanks for your help.
Much appreciated! 👍🏿

Reply #291
News
New version released ( v2.8.1 ).
The new version is compatible with both x32 and x64 versions of Foobar2000.

Reply #292
What is added or changed in version 2.8.1
Thanx

Reply #293
What is added or changed in version 2.8.1
Thanx
The new version supports the x64 version of Foobar2000 (Foobar2000 v2.0 beta is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions).

Reply #294
having crackling noise problems when using MathAudio Room EQ on two different windows installations on two different foobars.
Is there any fix for this? older versions didn't seem to suffer from this issue.
PS: audio is not clipping.

Reply #295
having crackling noise problems when using MathAudio Room EQ on two different windows installations on two different foobars.
Is there any fix for this? older versions didn't seem to suffer from this issue.
PS: audio is not clipping.
Crackling can be caused (theoretically) by extremely low size of audio buffers. Make sure that you don't use the minimum possible size of buffers in your audio interface. If this is not the case, please send us more information about your setup: type of audio card, type of CPU, version of Windows, size of audio buffers in Foobar2000. You can find our contact information at https://mathaudio.com/contact.htm

Reply #296
Greetings,  Just came across this, looks very interesting ,going  to give it a try.  I have not made it all the way through this thread yet, but working my through it.  I am ordering a Mic today, looks like it comes with a 1.5M USB cable.  To position it at my listening location, I would need a to have a 25' cable.  I can order an active 32' USB extension, any problem with that?

Thanks, looking forward to the results.

Reply #297
Greetings,  Just came across this, looks very interesting ,going  to give it a try.  I have not made it all the way through this thread yet, but working my through it.  I am ordering a Mic today, looks like it comes with a 1.5M USB cable.  To position it at my listening location, I would need a to have a 25' cable.  I can order an active 32' USB extension, any problem with that?

Thanks, looking forward to the results.
Most probably it should work, but you may want to ask the microphone manufacturer to be on the safe side.
Please post your results on this thread because this information can be interesting to other users.

Reply #298
Sent question miniDSP, still waiting for a response.  I did speak with support at PartsExpress, they did not think it would be an issue.  Will post when/if I get a response from miniDSP.

Reply #299
Finally got a response from miniDSP - "Unfortunately we've never tested this specific cable but we don't think it would be an issue. It's a standard active cable that typically solve the length limitation seen on USB.
Hoping this info helps and feel free to contact us if you have further questions. "

Everything has ben ordered, will see how it works.