Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 143107 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #200
Would it be possible to automatically update the "File" tag in cue cue sheets when renaming/moving the cuesheet and linked file?

I currently rename and move radioshows with cuesheets into my own folder structure and it get's tedious to update "FILE" tag in each cuesheet every time I rename and move the files.

On a separate issue, I have this annoyance where whenever I close the tag proprties dialog, the foobar2000 window loses focus and I jump to another program. I'm on Windows 10 and previously never had this issue on other versions of windows. Is there perhaps a setting I'm not aware of to fix this?

Reply #201
please consider adding webp image format support to foobar2000.

Reply #202
this won't be an feature request..
Just thank's so much to Peter and whole development community for long-time hard work, all the experienced users for helpful comments and wish all of you healthy and happy new year. 

Reply #203
With the recent inclusion of artwork in the Properties dialog window it would be nice if there was drag-and-drop image functionality such as,

• Ability to drag an image from one Properties dialog window Artwork tab to another Properties dialog window Artwork tab
  • Ability to drag an image from the operating system into the Artwork tab

Reply #204
Dynamic Tag Fields on "Selection Properties" element of DUI
Could the Developer add dynamic tag fields to the Selection Properties element?
Some internet radio stations contain dynamic tags information that is not displayed.
For example, these streams contain the following dynamic tags: IRC, NOW, SOURCE, ENCODER, ENCODEDBY:
Code: [Select]
http://ai-radio.org/320.opus
http://relay-chi.gameowls.com/covers.ogg?1:gf2gIhG24K
http://www.darthradio.tk:8001/dstream
Thus, this element will be improved and will display information more fully.

Reply #205
1) Improved Album List / Library dBase 
2) Native VST support

Hello Dev Team, above my whish list.
I am really in trouble with the current implementation of Album List. It is slow and not fluid for me (big library). I would suggest an   SQL implementation relaying on an external SQL Lite dBase. This also to release memory from Foobar core application.
Other key improvement I am asking since long is to have a native support for the VST plug-ins.

All the best.
Andrea

Reply #207
Other key improvement I am asking since long is to have a native support for the VST plug-ins.
Amen to that!!
While this is not native, one could probably use a (rater old, but working) component, named foo_vst aka vst 2.4 adapter.
It helped me, but I'm only using it with old and free VST plugins, as I don't live on the edge with Steinberg science.

Anyways,
I came here to say, there are so many great and needful suggestions/wishes/feature requests, that I wish, we could somehow vote for them....

Reply #209
Hi, Every. Single. Audio application on plant earth uses space bar as a toggle for start and stop.  The closest I can get in Foobar2000 is Play / Pause.  I don't want it to pause. I want it to stop (there are implications between the two; the next play command after stop is configured by user preference - start over, pick up where you left off.  However, pause is only pick up where you left off.)  

If I'm missing something, please write and I'll remove this post.  Thank you all.

Reply #210
Hi, Every. Single. Audio application on plant earth uses space bar as a toggle for start and stop.
Curious claim. I tested WMP, VLC, MPC-HC, Winamp, iTunes and Groove Music and apart from Winamp they all used space as toggle for pause. Winamp didn't react to space at all.

Reply #211
Curious claim. I tested WMP, VLC, MPC-HC, Winamp, iTunes and Groove Music and apart from Winamp they all used space as toggle for pause. Winamp didn't react to space at all.

True. Pot player acts the same too (Play/Pause).

Hi, Every. Single. Audio application on plant earth uses space bar as a toggle for start and stop. 

I think you got it something wrong.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #212
Amen to that!!
While this is not native, one could probably use a (rater old, but working) component, named foo_vst aka vst 2.4 adapter.
It helped me, but I'm only using it with old and free VST plugins, as I don't live on the edge with Steinberg science.

Anyways,
I came here to say, there are so many great and needful suggestions/wishes/feature requests, that I wish, we could somehow vote for them....

Hello @fuffi, the problem of vst 2.4 adapter is that it doesn't use protected memory and so when crashes it crashes the whole foobar.
And unfortunately... it crashes quite often...
Moreover it does not support vst 3, but only vst 2.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #213
You can add a shortcut for Play/Pause bound to spacebar in settings, I do not advise making it a global shortcut.

Reply #214
as I see it:
you can configure Keyboard Shortcuts:
 - Space = Play or pause
 - Ctrl Space = Stop

Reply #215
One of the things I most loved about the Foobar2000 mobile app when I first moved across from the Apple Music app was being able to see the full album title instead of just the first few characters. However, I have some extremely long album names & sometimes they still get truncated, which is frustrating as the most important information is often at the very end. (For example, if I have the same album ripped at different quality settings & I want to compare them, I need to see which is which, but I don't want that info cluttering up the album name so I'll stick it at the end.)

I would really like the option to not have my album names truncated at all, however small it makes the album art.
"Elements of the past & future, combining to make something not quite as good as either."

Reply #216
On the Foobar2000 Mobile App, there doesn't appear to be a way of seeing the track listing of the album you're actually listening to, unless it's the last thing you looked at.

In other words, if I go to an album & press play, I get the "now playing" page & I can swipe to the right at any time & go to the track listing of the album I'm listening to.

But, if I'm listening to an album & I swipe right & then go exploring & clicking around in the library, I can swipe left at any time to get back to the "now playing" page but I've then lost the direct link to the track listing of that album. I have to literally swipe right & then go clicking around in the library to get back to it.

The track listing of the album I'm listening to should always be one gesture away. Perhaps by swiping up, by clicking on the track title that's currently playing or by swiping the play page to the left, so that the current album is always to the "right" & the library is to the "left" of the "now playing" page. However it works, I reckon it should always be very easy for me to see the current track list.
"Elements of the past & future, combining to make something not quite as good as either."

Reply #217
I would like a "disable screensaver" option in prefs. (windows 7) please

Reply #218
I would like a "disable screensaver" option in prefs. (windows 7) please

File / Preferences / Playback / Prevent screensaver & monitor standby when playing
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #219
Please add a large playback control bar, like fb2k for mac, the buttons are too small now.

Reply #220
Please also add a kind of generic ASIO_input or audio_input so that it would be then possible to play any audio stream coming from any source (HW or SW from other audio applications using virtual audio cables)

Reply #221
The option to disable foobar2k responding to media keys would be awesome! I am using foobar2k primarily for it's DSP chain since I have Spotify but I can't use the media keys since that would Play/Pause, Reverse/Forward or Stop foobar2k as well.
The checkbox disable Windows 10 Universal Volume integration does not solve this problem

Reply #222
foobar2000 has been installed in portable mode.
Features that require changes to your system configuration have been disabled.
an old topic, but it's 2k20 :))

Are there plans to create a 'single folder mode', as 'portable mode' is by design artificially limited and does not supply a binding to the system for shell-integration and filetype-association ?
For backup- and simplicity-reasons (in multi PC environments) I moved forward to stay with single folders - as far possible - instead of system-wide spread configurations. This on it's own has of course nothing to do with possible bindings to the system, which is about usability.

Reply #223
Please add a large playback control bar, like fb2k for mac, the buttons are too small now.
Purely by accident I discovered it is already possible to influence the size of the playback control bar buttons.
I was adding a custom button and instead of an icon I chose a png file as button image. The thing is, no matter what sizes an icon file contains, Foobar2000 will always either choose a present 16x16 size or convert it to a 16x16 size icon image. However, it acts totally different when you specify a PNG file as button image. It will then use the exact image size and upscale the other, standard buttons to match the size of the specified PNG image.

So all you got to do is either specify a larger than 16x16 PNG image for one of the existing buttons or add a custom button.

Reply #224
Hi dear developer!
I have a proposition about "Media Library"->"Music folders". Could you please make it possible to EXCLUDE some subfolders from added folders? Such exclusion could be by regex (pattern) or by exact folder names.
What do you think?
Thank you in advance