Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How can I make foobar gui resemble that of musik cube ? (Read 10000 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I make foobar gui resemble that of musik cube ?

I really love musik cube clean gui, but unable to get it on foobar, can someone help me ?

Reply #1
What's wrong with the new DefaultUi? Easy and quick setup, no skin and global colors where you can uncheck all colors in the preferences to get system colors!

Reply #2
from memory thats not hard at all, if you suply a screen shot I am sure it could be figured out as music cube doesnt look too different from foo anyways

Reply #3
Try out the new beta and facets component.  Shouldn't be difficult at all to do with the new layout editing mode.

Here's my current setup:

And here's MusikCube:

Pretty similar...  The only exception being colors and location of the volume/playback controls/progress bar..

Reply #4

Reply #5
Well i think that looks very similar, apart from the colors, and that shouldnt be that big deal to change, would it...

Reply #6
Well i think that looks very similar, apart from the colors, and that shouldnt be that big deal to change, would it...

But I never saw anyone successfully in creating the 100 % clone of musik cube

Reply #7
What about sticking to Musik Cube then if you so love it?

I really don't get the point of trying to look like something else. If you are so used to/like Musik Cube so much, then stick to it.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Reply #8

No, and actually by default the colors are pretty similar to musikCube, I changed them in my setup though.

Reply #9
Well, I love my foobar with multichannel upmixer feature and asio support, the best sound quality for mp3, and I want to make it a perfect one with musik cube gui

Reply #10
You can get something similar using Default UI and minimum of coding (the biggest problem is the toolbar at the bottom) or you could go crazy with Panel UI and get something that is indistinguishable.

Personally, i find that trying to imitate other guis to be a very trivial pursuit.

Reply #11
Personally, i find that trying to imitate other guis to be a very trivial pursuit.

I don't know, I mean, *I* probably wouldn't try to duplicate another GUI in perfect detail, but I think making the GUI work the way you want it to is anything but trivial. (Both in how important it can be to your experience and how difficult it can be, of course.)

Reply #12
Well, I love my foobar with multichannel upmixer feature and asio support, the best sound quality for mp3, and I want to make it a perfect one with musik cube gui

Just stick witk Musik Cube if you love it so dear.

All the things you mention are just plain witchcraft.

Bye bye.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Reply #13
I used foobar since many years ago, right when Pete quitted from winamp, hehheeh, but never successfully in creating my own skins, I'm too busy with my job hehhehehe, to apply a skin in foobar is a very complicated thing to do

Reply #14

Just stick witk Musik Cube if you love it so dear.

All the things you mention are just plain witchcraft.

Bye bye.

Musikcube hasn't been updated in a looooooooooooooong  time, it makes perfect sense for someone to want their foobar to look like it since foobar has so much more features then musikcube. If he wanted to stick to musikcube he would, but he likes the features of foobar and likes the look of musikcube.

Reply #15
Musikcube hasn't been updated in a looooooooooooooong  time, it makes perfect sense for someone to want their foobar to look like it since foobar has so much more features then musikcube. If he wanted to stick to musikcube he would, but he likes the features of foobar and likes the look of musikcube.

If features are the main reasons to choose a certain program so you have to live with its UI. Regarding the functional aspect the new DefaultUi offers what i haven't seen so far in other players: you can place easily and quickly all the elements how you like and if you like you also can try to simulate the layout of other programs if it fits to your needs and workflow.
Making requests concernig the aesthetical aspects in the sense to copy the look of another player i consider as such needless that it deserves just one answer: Use that player! Or take PanelsUI and have fun with all its consequenses!

Reply #16
If you want something absolutely identical (rather than just pretty similar, which I think you can easily get with the Default UI), you're probably looking at a Columns/Panels UI hybrid configuration as the easiest bet. (You might be able to get away without Panels, but the track display toward the bottom with the volume and the seekbar is probably going to be easiest to do with a Panels UI Track Info display.)

I don't really have the time or inclination (or, frankly, the expertise) to hammer out such a configuration myself, I'm afraid. But it should certainly be doable.

And I certainly think it's reasonable to want and expect *this* program in particular to have a UI you can live with, given the sheer number of options (between the Default UI and the other custom ones that are available). By and large, this is one of the few pieces of software that you *don't* have to live with the UI if it isn't suitable for your purposes. Mind you, your choices at present are 'simple, pretty functional, but not infinitely customizeable' and 'nigh-infinitely customizeable but decidedly not simple' with very little middle ground between the two. But the options certainly are there.

Reply #17
If you want something absolutely identical (rather than just pretty similar, which I think you can easily get with the Default UI), you're probably looking at a Columns/Panels UI hybrid configuration as the easiest bet. (You might be able to get away without Panels, but the track display toward the bottom with the volume and the seekbar is probably going to be easiest to do with a Panels UI Track Info display.)

I don't really have the time or inclination (or, frankly, the expertise) to hammer out such a configuration myself, I'm afraid. But it should certainly be doable.

And I certainly think it's reasonable to want and expect *this* program in particular to have a UI you can live with, given the sheer number of options (between the Default UI and the other custom ones that are available). By and large, this is one of the few pieces of software that you *don't* have to live with the UI if it isn't suitable for your purposes. Mind you, your choices at present are 'simple, pretty functional, but not infinitely customizeable' and 'nigh-infinitely customizeable but decidedly not simple' with very little middle ground between the two. But the options certainly are there.

Yeah, when I have time, I'll learn about configuring foobar, hmmmm, how many years have past ? I began to use mp3 in 1995, and switched to foobar after few years.....those good old days.....
I haven't realized there were a forum about foobar all this years