Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools DB (Read 297268 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CUETools DB

Reply #325
For the past day or so I've been getting intermittent Service Unavailable errors when attempting to access CTDB.  I first noticed the problem yesterday (February 1st) around 18:30 UTC as I was in the middle of ripping a stack of CDs in EAC.  Although it's simple enough to refresh the website or hit the Go button again in CUETools, having to re-rip discs with EAC is time-consuming (as the plugin appears to give up after a single failed attempt).

This seems to be happening less frequently than it was yesterday, but it's still happening.  Are the devs aware of a problem?  Thanks for your help.

Reply #326
Thanks for letting me know. Investigating
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #327
Getting this error from CUETools:

Code: [Select]
[CTDB TOCID: 7KFbP.ZFdKur54750kpmBVpPS8I-] database access error: There is an error in XML document (18, 54).

Reply #330
I originally wrote the post in CD software subforum but now as I see that CTDB developer is active in this thread it may be better place to ask for help with my issue.

I am encountering an irritating error with EAC/CTDB when ripping CDs. Since beginning getting metadata  from CT was giving me pain. First  no matter what it would not retrieve cover pictures. This issue magically fixed itself but now another one - more problematic appeared

The database is very often labelling track number 12 as track number 0 and I need to  retrieve the metadata again ( sometimes few times) to fix it. If I do not spot the issue and EAC goes with ripping it hangs completly on this number 0 track (which should be number 12 correctly) and the ripping needs to be started over.

Any idea what is happening? Some issues with CT database itself?

Reply #331
How exactly is each disc paired to releases in the DB? I'm having a problem with a box set I just picked up, where all 8 discs are being seen as identical by CueRipper. It's an unusual set of EP's; the first 4 tracks are identical across all discs, but the last track is unique to each disc. The track lengths are identical however, and CueRipper does not see them as different. Any metadata I enter is overwritten by the next disc, despite me selecting "unknown album" and filling in the data for each disc. I would've thought the different CRC's post-rip would let it view each disc as unique but that does not seem to be the case.

Reply #332
How exactly is each disc paired to releases in the DB? I'm having a problem with a box set I just picked up, where all 8 discs are being seen as identical by CueRipper. It's an unusual set of EP's; the first 4 tracks are identical across all discs, but the last track is unique to each disc. The track lengths are identical however, and CueRipper does not see them as different. Any metadata I enter is overwritten by the next disc, despite me selecting "unknown album" and filling in the data for each disc. I would've thought the different CRC's post-rip would let it view each disc as unique but that does not seem to be the case.
I believe it's from the discs table of contents so they would all appear the same. What box set is it by the way?

Reply #333
As SimBun said, metadata is by TOC.
In addition to the name of the set, please provide the CTDB TOCID from one (or more) of the discs already ripped (found in accurip file).
korth

Reply #334
What box set is it by the way?
It's the Hololive Summer 2022 set. Officially『ホロライブ・サマー2022』
As SimBun said, metadata is by TOC.
In addition to the name of the set, please provide the CTDB TOCID from one (or more) of the discs already ripped (found in accurip file).
Here's the accurip file https://pastebin.com/WyxbMXcv

Reply #335
The database doesn't have any metadata stored for the TOCID provided. There does appear to be 8 different CTDB IDs (CRC32) stored under that TOCID .

CUERipper has the ability to contact freedb (hosted by gnudb.org) directly. Based on your description I cannot tell if other entries for CDDBID 25055805 is causing an issue. freedb lookup can be disabled by temporarily renaming the server to 0.0.0.0

The metadata CUERipper uses is stored in the settings folder .\CUE Tools\MetadataCache\ under {TOCID}.xml so if all 8 CDs have the same TOCID then the xml file will be overwritten with each CD.
korth

Reply #336
The metadata CUERipper uses is stored in the settings folder .\CUE Tools\MetadataCache\ under {TOCID}.xml so if all 8 CDs have the same TOCID then the xml file will be overwritten with each CD.
Yeah, they do. Guess there's nothing that can be done then :(

Reply #337
Hello everybody!
I only discovered CUETools DB very recently, I know, I am a late bloomer on this :)
But the thing is, until today I could browse through the recent additions, and now of a sudden I am stuck at the first page and I can only see the last 10 additions. The arrows at the bottom are both greyed out. Is it me or is it an issue on the site? Thank you!
So is this ever gonna be fixed?

Reply #338
Hello everybody!
I only discovered CUETools DB very recently, I know, I am a late bloomer on this :)
But the thing is, until today I could browse through the recent additions, and now of a sudden I am stuck at the first page and I can only see the last 10 additions. The arrows at the bottom are both greyed out. Is it me or is it an issue on the site? Thank you!
So is this ever gonna be fixed?

Yeah, would love to see this fixed, if poss.