Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What is the maximum audio cache that a drive can have? + further question. (Read 1145 times) previous topic - next topic

What is the maximum audio cache that a drive can have? + further question.

Hello friends,

First question is... what is the maximum audio cache (drive's read cache) that a drive can have so it needs to be defeated by a secure ripper? My new Sony AD-7280S is detecting 151 KB (66 samples) in dBpoweramp. As Spoon's recommendation I leave the drive's read cache setting to 1024 KB. I ran this test about 6 times and on all CDs it returned 151 KB (66 samples). Is there any drive that takes this number to 4 digits?

Second question is... the buffer size. My drive technical specs says it has a 1MB of buffer size. Spoon's said that drive's read cache has and the buffer size are two different things. What is the buffer size precisely related to? The amount of data it can store in its internal memory for burning a disc?

If anyone can shed a light into these doubts, I thank you in anticipation!

-- krafty