Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where does XLD store ReplayGain information? (Read 1346 times) previous topic - next topic

Where does XLD store ReplayGain information?

I am a very happy user of XLD (X Lossless Decoder) for ripping my CD collection to FLAC files. Thank you for a brilliant program!

However, I have one question I haven't been able to find an answer to neither by searching these forums or the net in general.

I previously used EAC and AutoFLAC. When adding ReplayGain it ended up in Vorbis comments which would look like this in the output from "metaflac --list"

comment[15]: REPLAYGAIN_REFERENCE_LOUDNESS=89.0 dB
    comment[16]: REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=-8.81 dB
    comment[17]: REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=0.98855591
    comment[18]: REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=-7.76 dB
    comment[19]: REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=0.98855591

But when I use XLD to add ReplayGain there are no trace of ReplayGain in the Vorbis comments. I suspect the ReplayGain information end up in ID3 tags, but does anybody know whether that is that correct for FLAC files?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Martin