Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FDK AAC tuning (Read 2608 times) previous topic - next topic

FDK AAC tuning

Hi everyone,

Are there any efforts made anywhere to improve/tune the FDK AAC encoder from Android source code?

Thanks,

J

Re: FDK AAC tuning

Reply #1
Mstorsjo committed many improvements yesterday.
Beware that most of the Mstorsjo's effort is to increase the security and maintainability, not the sound fidelity per bitrate.

Reply #2
Thanks Kamedo.

Reply #3
anyone like rarewares has the new build, version of fdk aac compiled. i have github but i do not know how actions work and how to obtain executable compatible with windows 7 and visual studio 2019. i heard they are on vacation. i ask here, then maybe i will open an issue that https://github.com/jlw4049/FFMPEG-Audio-Encoder

Reply #5
Thanks a lot John!

Reply #6
anyway i made an error that was not standalone tool, but a binding for android i think from same author in github.